KAT: Promise

Reviewed by Key Keeper KAT CaliKat000

Author: DaretoDreaminShadows
Title: Promise
Genre: Teen Fiction

Cover: 5/5

I like how mysterious and dark your cover is. It's one of the most complementing to its story that it's perfect!

Blurb: 5/5

I absolutely loved your Blurb! It was exciting, intriguing, and has the perfect amount of information! It flows so nicely and is written so well. I was intently caught by how fluid it is, it foreshadows, it's full of detail, and filled with mystery!

Title: 4/5

I like the idea of the promise of revenge. The title is so simple too. There is so much meaning in that single word.

Plot: 8/10

You need to give more information, drive the plot. You foreshadow a lot which is great, just don't do it too much. If you keep the story focused on what's going to happen, readers won't know whats happening at the moment. I think your plot was a creative idea the way the characters interact and the reasons behind a characters actions.

Character Development: 12/15

Something I noticed is that you tend to give away all the details about a character in one big spew, blob of a paragraph. By you doing that, you give away all the important details that the other characters could perceive. You also leave out future details within your work.

I love the characters personalities. They're so unique the way you envelope their attitudes and sass. The way they are bold and the way they act together really develops the relationships amongst them.

Spelling and Grammar: 6/10

I saw that through out your work you don't separate paragraphs when someone begins to speak. I'm English, when a new person is introduced or begins dialogue a new paragraph should form. It helps the reader understand better and it makes your writing read smoother.

Also, detail should surround the dialogue, as well as within the dialogue. Another thing is that you should always state who is speaking.

Overall: 7/10

I like the idea of Revenge in this story. It was aggressive, full of sass, and full of mystery.

Other Comments:

I liked the quotes you had in the beginning chapters. I thought it really should your personality and appreciation about yourself as an author and respect towards other authors by using quotes.

I think you should continue to use at the beginning of each chapter to, really, reflect or overview the chapter. At least a part of it.

Kat❤