Nina: The Shadows

Reviewed by Key Keeper Nina recklessnina

Author: lezaj29
Title: The shadows

Cover : 4.5/5 

It’s actually very well-designed and it doesn’t look cheap at all. The only problem I have with it is mainly because of my own bias and preference towards more minimalist covers, but nevertheless, it’s beautiful and very fitting. 

Blurb : 4/5

Everything is well-described, but it’s very monotone. It’s not that exciting that readers will immediately want to read the entire book. You can work on this, but the foundation is good/mediocre already. Although, I must say, I’m so impressed with the introduction. You clearly did your research and I have so much respect for you for that. 

Title : 4/5 

I don’t really have a problem with it, just that it’s a little out of context at first. But, nevertheless, it made more sense after reading a couple chapters. 

Plot : 7/10

The story is interesting because I’m actually knowledgeable with the personalities and places you’re trying to paint as an author. Although, it seems a little too stereotypical for a mystery book? I don’t know, I understand how young adult books and teen fiction books are a little stereotypical, however, with mystery books, I thought I was going to expect more, like plot twists. It’s all very plain as of now, nevertheless, I think you can improve on it. 

Character Development : 13/15

Like I mentioned in the plot, it’s a little TOO stereotypical. I think if you give the character more of a realistic personality, it would be more relatable than forcing the stereotypes it should portray. 

Spelling and Grammar : 7/10

You’re not consistent with it, although I understand you are editing it as of the moment, but I strongly suggest that you can go through the chapters again and fix the punctuations, spellings, etc. There are some bits where the wrong punctuation for conversations were misused. 

Overall : 7/10 

Lots of improvement can be done and I’m excited to read your book again if I have the opportunity to do so.