Kat: Once Upon A Walk.

Reviewed by Key-Keeper KAT CaliKat000

Author: Princessiscute12
Title: Once Upon A Walk
Genre: Teen Fiction

Cover: 2/5

I love the elegance of your cover. It flows and I like the choice of fonts. It’s captivating to look at the stars swirling in the cover. I don’t really think it very eye-catching. There are many books with the sky and stars as their cover but theirs are more vibrant with colors or have that close-up feel to them that makes them more appealing. I suggest enhancing the stars to a closer proximity.

Blurb: 4/5

I like your word choice in your blurb but it is lacking the element of foreshadowing information. It is also very short, not that a blurb needs to be lengthy, but it helps to have it at least two paragraphs of five to seven sentences each.

Title: 2/5

I like the idea of your title but I think it could be better. More appealing or simpler. Something that readers are more open to.

Plot: 6/10

The prologue was fantastic. The intro and outro really took the lead in friendship. The way you described the beginning of their friendship was great, it had meaning. While reading the prologue I imagined a voice to follow the flow and tone which really set the mood for me. A smooth and sullen voice that carried the emotion of your words. Amazing work!

I think your plot is very interesting, I’ve never read anything with the concept you’ve created. I like that your plot builds and is still building. Keep up the good work.

Character Development: 7/15

I think your characters could use a little more detail than what you have, but you do only have about three chapters.

Spelling and Grammar: 7/10

You switch tenses quite a lot. I have the same problem too. No worries. Just make sure you proofread or have a friend or family member read it to check for mistakes.  Also, reading out loud helps too. Another thing is that you need to make sure you tell the readers who is speaking after dialogue. Grammar isn’t terrible, maybe check or refresh yourself on each concept or skill.  I think if you expanded your vocabulary and worked on dialogue structure your works will have a high level of success.

Overall: 4/10

Other Comments:

I really liked your Prologue. That’s what drew me in, to begin with, which is good, but then your story kind of drops in interest. When writing a story you have to start and end a chapter with the reader wanting more.

Kat<3