KAT: Helix Primordial

Reviewed by CaliKat000

Title: Helix Primordial

Author: DerrickMoore6

Genre: Science Fiction

Cover: 2/5

I like your cover. It gives a more space like or Sci-fi feeling to the book at first glance. I don’t think it gives much personality to the book itself though.

Blurb: 4/5

The blurb is good but there is unnecessary information. The first paragraph is hard to follow with all the complexity of the word structure. The next paragraph is a great start for your blurb and for future readers. Readers like to be introduced to at least one of the characters right away. The third paragraph in the blurb I find to be ‘too much’ information. You already have a two paragraph introduction to your story. You don't want to give too much information away. The end of your blurb I feel wraps things up and gives some insight into what's going to happen.

Title: 4/5

For me, I found the title hard to say at first but then I got the hang of saying it. It’s a good title and fits the book really well. Gives a foreshadow sense to it.

Plot: 9/10

Very intriguing plot! The introduction to the book really surprised me. I didn’t really know what I was expecting but whatever I was thinking was blown out the water as I read how precisely things where written and how strongly the plot started out. There is a lot of action which I like and it has very original concepts.

Character Development: 15/15

Character description and imagery really stand out. When I was reading I could really visualize each character. I like that you make each personality stand out. None of the characters share the exact same mindset. They have their own values and promises about themselves.

Spelling and Grammar: 10/10

You have amazing writing skills. The way you come up with concepts and the wording of it all made me feel like I was there, in your book. I don’t have the greatest grammatical skills but I know when someone else does and you definitely do!

Overall: 9/10

I really liked the action that was going on and the cliffhangers that made me want to read on and on. Your a great writer and I pray someday I will be able to be as creative and diligent in writing as you are.

Other Comments:

So Sorry This Is Late! I had MCA Testing, ACT Testing, Midterms Plus Homework These past few weeks!

Hope this review helps you<3

Kat <3