Ky: An Ember Bright

Reviewed by Kyra_KR

Author: ayo723
Title: An Ember Bright
Genre: Fantasy

Cover.  4/5

I love your cover but I think it can be better. It potrays the theme and all but it doesn't scream out you know. One can easily miss it. If you want to keep the dark back ground, make sure the Crystal shines more. Or has some spirally things around to cover the empty space. You know. A magical touch.
Also is your name isn't visible. That is important.

Blurb.   4/5

The blurb is nice. But in my opinion the first paragraph is enough. The second one seems like a repitition and destroyed the mood created by the first paragraph for me.

Title.   4/5

I would like to know why you titled it "An Ember Bright."
Personally I love it. And I understand the Ember part. But the bright part made me wonder.

Plot  9/10

As far as I've read, the plot seems we planned. At certain point I felt like thinking why is he writing this. Why is this scene here, like the horses scene, some scenes at the pit. But as I read on, the connection was clear. Every scene is essential.
I loved how ordinary moments are intertwined with the magical ones. At times like at their hideout, it felt like an ordinary book, at the pit, it felt like a badass crime fiction, in the forest like a mystical mythical story. So yeah it had me feeling up and down and go through all sorts of stuff. I'm waiting for what comes next.
Another thing I like is how you only mentioned certain characters and then revealed them later on. Like with Nona.

Also I've mentioned in the comments how you have brilliantly penned down confusing events in a clear way. Bravo!

Character Development.  14/15.

The character development was smooth. You showed rather then told us who your actors are. I know that Cara is impulsive and impatient through the events not because another character said so. I like that. All your characters felt like different individual. Although Wes's relation with Kaya was a bit strange.
One thing isn't clear. The number of people in Cara's crew. It feels like there are more people then you mentioned. I donf know. I felt like that was confusing.

Spelling and Grammar 10/10

I saw a few typos but other than that you seem to have a fair grip on vocabulary and sentence structures.

Overall.  9/10

I don't really give full marks because there is always room for improvement. It was an amazing read. I loved it. I highly recommend this fantastic piece of writing!

Other.

Aha! This is the section where I have authority! Buhahahaha!
I'm glad that you chopped down your chapters. To ge honest I would have been down with your book long ago but the prologue threw me off. Not because it was badly written or something. It was amazing! But because it was tooooo long! A person would mind reading 50 chapter if the chapters are short. But I the same book is divided into 20 long chapters, it can cause a heart failure. Literally. You just go like why isn't it ending! You're not at fault here, its just that the human nature is just like that. But im glad you cut them down. 

That's all!
If you need a review regarding a particular aspect of the book then just pm me!

Love Ky