Nina: My Brother's Best Friend

Reviewed by Key Keeper Nina recklessnina

Author: sumayyah_i
Title: My Brother's Best Friend
Genre: Romance

Cover : 3/5 

I think the cover looks very typical and plain. I think you could improve on this. In fact, if you want ( and if I have time ) I can make a cover for you. [ see my cover shop for details in case your interested ] 

Blurb : 3/5

Very upfront and straightforward, I like it.

Title : 2/5

The title is very common. I bet there are hundreds of stories out there in wattpad that have similar titles as your’s. You can improve on it. Creativity is much appreciated.

Plot : 8/10 

I would have given you a lower score if you didn’t mention it being cliche. But, if you were going to base it on the cliche stereotypes already made, at least give it some spice and life. It all seems very neutral and as if I knew what’s going to happen next. I suggest giving it a few plot twists here and there, just to keep readers hooked. Overall, I don’t have much problem with it.

Character Development : 13/15

It’s okay-ish. I can differentiate the characters. They don’t confuse me and I  can see a lot of potential. *thumbs up*

Spelling and Grammar : 5/10 

Okay, you need to review this thoroughly. It had A LOT of grammar and spelling mistakes. I can’t name them one by one, but what really frustrated me the most is how you weren’t able to follow the rules of indirect and direct speech. Search it up in google and learn more about it because this can help tremendously with the structure of your book. 

Here are some CORRECT examples.

“Don’t speak,” she interrupts.

She said, “He has eaten all the cake.” 

NOT CORRECT :

“Don’t speak.” She interrupts. 

He said, “he has finished his homework” 

Just look it up online for clarifications. 

Overall : 6.5/10

I see a lot of potential. I honestly hope you would be able to improve and I would be able read your book again someday. 

- Nina