Kira: School of Secrets

Reviewed by Key Keeper Kira Kenerelda

Author: GoldenPen_
Title: School of Secrets
Genre: Fantasy

Cover : 1/5

It's plain. Just plain shades of colour which makes the readers skip the book in their news feeds as it looks uninteresting. Covers do a good job at attracting attention. Don't judge a book by it's cover but cover matters to gain attention to the book.

Blurb : 3/5 

It could've been more interesting and intriguing. Though while reading it did give me those urges to open the book and read it, adding some suspenseful questions in the blurb would make it more intriguing.

Title : 4/5

It's an amazing title and the story really is about and suitable with the title. Writers many times write unrelated titles just for clickbait. Your title really catches the eye of students like me who are all hungry for some adventure in it. 

Plot : 8/10

Plot is really amazing and the way you started the story made me jealous of Tara. The main character is such a nice brother. The storyline goes smoothly and no unusual bumpiness that disturbs the flow of quality reading. 

Character development : 13/15

Characters are all amazing. My favourite happened to be Timothy who's such a nice brother and a son but not appreciated. The sister is also a good character but the boyfriend really is a douche. The characters don't leave as much impression as Timothy does. Not very impressive on the parents side but character development also went smoothly and it's what I call quality book with quality reading experience.

Spelling and grammar : 6/10

Spelling are good but the grammar part about punctuation. Those are a little out of place and there are a few errors where you shifted from past tense to present tense directly without the transition phase. Well those aren't as big blunders and can be covered when the readers fully absorbed in the story. The descriptions also do a good job in grasping what the situation is all about. 

Overall : 9/10

One mark loss due to noticeable grammatical error. Everything else were really good to read and I had a good time reading the book. The storyline is also amazing. Everything goes smoothly as it proceeds with the story except the sudden change in tenses in a part. 

That's all. 

Have a nice day! 

Kira💎