Chapter 12-The Plan to Glory

Sonus POV.......

I walked into the adventurers guild for the fifth time today. This was how my day in the capital was spent. Gaining reputation and respect as a adventure.

It was still my first day in the capital but it felt like a daily routine at this point.

All of the quests I had been given so far were either low level fetch quests or low level kill bounties. I started to get boring, but it was fun in a way. Being OP and one hitting every mob that got in my way really wasn't as boring as it sounds.

I walked into the guild hall with the bounty in my hand. As I opened the doors, people stared at me. Some seemed shocked, other looked annoyed. I ignored there stares, even though the human me felt embarrassed. I walked towards the counter where the quest giver stood. She seemed shocked as well that I was back so soon.

I put the bounty on the table on the counter in front of the guest giver. My armor made it hard for her to read my emotions.

Specter: Kill bounty competed.

Quest Giver: Great! That makes..... five?

Specter: Indeed.

Quest Giver: Well, here is the reward money. Also, here is the Bronze plate you requested.

She put a small leather bag on the counter along with a bronze plate. The bag was the reward money. It was minimal. Probably only bronze coins. The plate was for our new member, coming straight from Nazarick. I had completely forgotten they were arriving until she put the plate on the counter.

Specter: Yes, thankyou. And what about my upgrade?

Guest Giver: Well, I spoke to the guild master and we've decided to rank you and your companion up! Congratulations! On your first day to.

I took the reward off the counter and looked down at the bronze plate on the counter. I really didn't want to waste time leveling up our new party member. Maybe, If I play my cards right.....

I turned to the woman behind the counter. She seemed scared. Maybe she could sense my Aura. Or, maybe she was just scared because of how fast I was completing quests. Either way, this was my chance to test our my Persuasion abilities.

Welp, here goes nothing.......

Specter: Is there any possibility of my ally being promoted to silver with me? I can vouch for them.

Quest Giver: Im not sure if-

Specter: These meaningless tasks are nothing to us. I really think you should reconsider. People of our level do not like to be toyed with.

She seemed to become startled. That's when I knew I won.

Quest Giver: V-very well.....

She took the bronze plate and reached under the counter. She was gone for a moment, but returned. The bronze plate was gone. Instead a silver plate was in her hand. She handed to me. As I reached out to grab it, I noticed her hand shaking.

Specter: Thank you. You've made a wise choice.

I turned away instantly and walked towards the doors. I couldn't believe how smoothly that went. Everything went perfectly in my favor.

I AM SO COOL!

I opened the doors of the guild and walked out into the street. I still couldn't get over myself when I turned to Delta waiting for me. She was waiting patiently outside the guild. My bird Vor sat on her head. Delta seemed calm.

She noticed me leave the guild and looked over at me. Vor flew to me instantly and landed on my shoulder. 

Me and Deltas eyes met and I motioned for her to follow. We were done for the day, it was time to head back to the inn. The streets were crowded with people going in every direction. We moved threw the crowd of people slowly.