V2 chapter 9- The Butlers Secret

A day had passed since the bar with the Roses. Nocmore was now alone walking down the street.

Specter went on a quest with the other members of the team Delta and Grace. He wished to go on a journey of some sort, but Noc didn't question his decision.

Nocmore was assigned to meeting with Sebas Tian, the head butler of Nazarick, and discussing how his days in the capital are going. He had been stationed in a mansion in the capital. After being given the location, Nocmore walked to his home.

The mansion was huge, but nothing on Nazarick standards. While it looked better then the average human household, it still had the low lass feel.

He stepped up to the door and knocked. After a moment, the door opened.

A maid stood at the door. She had long, blonde hair. She seemed worried when she saw him.

???: Hello.....

Confused to where Sebas, or even where Solution who was supposed to be with him was, he asked.

Nocmore: I am here to meet with a man. He has a gray hair and beard.

She seemed to know who it was just by how her face lit up, but she didn't speak.

???: I....

Another voice rang out from behind her in the house. It yelled to who Nocmore presumed was the maid.

???:Tuare? Who is it?

Sebas walked down from the stairs and froze. He saw Nocmore at the door.

Sebas: Nocmore. What are you doing here?

Nocmore: May I come in?

Sebas: Of course. Tuare, please leave us for now.

She slowly nodded and ran off into another room of the mansion. Sebas and Nocmore walked up the stairs and into a bedroom for privacy. Sebas closed the door behind them as they entered.

Nocmore noticed the used bed and the out of place chair in the room. this was someones room.

He removed his hood, revealing his mask. All four of his arms were now exposed. Nocmores mask almost twitched as he spoke.

Nocmore: You have a human?

Sebas: Indeed. I thought it best to have a maid to help our ruse. Only a Butler and a lady in a huge mansion would look strange, wouldn't it?

Nocmore:..... Where did you find her?

Sebas: I found her on the streets as I did my business.

Nocmore: I see. Does lord Ains know?

Sebas: It is not important for him.

Nocmore: Does lord Sonus know?

Sebas: it is not important at all. Just a minor detail in the plan.

Nocmore: And if I reported it?

He paused.

Sebas: I could not stop you, but I wouldn't appreciate it.

They both stood silent.

Nocmore: What is your.... relationship with it?

Sebas:...... what do you mean?

Nocmore grabbed the chair next to him and sat down. He put his arms against his face and spoke.

Nocmore: You " Care" for the human don't you?

Sebas:......

Nocmore: I'll take your silence as a yes.

Nocmore thought of how he stayed with the human girl, Grace. yes, it was his duty, but, he taught her spells and trained her. That wasn't asked of him. But, he wanted her to be safe. He had only realized this now but, he did care for her.