V2 Chapter 2- Lizardmen Rising

Sorry for the long wait, The LizardMen Arc is kinda confusing to write, so I'm trying to make it go by both fast and neatly, so here's the beginning!

Zaryusu Shasha smiled at the farm of fish before him. He stood tall next to the water as he reached down to pull in his net. His brown scales shined brightly against the bright sun above.

???: Brother! How is the farm?

He turned to face another Lizardman. This was his brother and the chief of the Green Claw tribe, Shasuryu. His face was covered in scars from past battles. He wore traditional chief clothes as well.

Zaryusu: Yes, a good haul today.

His brother stood next to him, helping him pull up the net. It had many fish inside. At the sight, Shasuryu laughed.

Shasuryu: Amazing! I don't know where our tribe would be now without your farm.

Zaryusu: The tribe would be fine.

Shasuryu: you don't give yourself enough credit brother! His farm you learned on your travels is amazing work!

Zaryusu: I suppose.... But why are you here brother? Do you want first pick at the fish?

Shasuryu: What? I would never just come here to pick out a fish!

Zaryusu: Then I suppose you wouldn't want that one in the middle, with the most meat?

His brothers tail started to shake just at the thought.

Shasuryu: Ah, well maybe..... No! I came here to ask you a question.

Zaryusu and Shasuryu Walked away from the lake, carrying the net full of fish with them. They walked towards a house. Next to it, a shed of twigs and leaves stood barley. A small hole poked out from the center.

Zaryusu Started to throw some fish inside the hole. At first, it was silent. Then the shake shook and a small, red snake head poked out. Then another. And another.

The heads saw Zaryusu and started to give a low hiss, almost happily hey nuzzled against him.

Shasuryu: I see your pet has grown well.

Zaryusu: Yes, Rororo is well.

He stepped back and the creature moved away, returning through the whole.

Zaryusu: enough getting off topic. What is the matter?

Shasuryu: I was thinking, isn't it time you took my place?

Zaryusu: this again?

They turned and started to walk in the direction of the village.

Shasuryu: Yes! Your much more knowledgeable about the world now and you can make things like your "farm"!

Zaryusu: Yes, but I am a outsider. I took my oath when I went on my journey. I will never be apart of the clan again.

Shasuryu: Yes, but-

Zaryusu looked up. The sky had grown dark suddenly. A roar of thunder, or at least what sounded like thunder screeched through the air.

The brothers turned to each other and instantly knew. They ran to the village, hoping to make it in time.

———-

As they entered the village, all types of people stared up into the sky. Elderly, Young, all stood in awe.

A being of what looked like black faces all merged together flew down.

???: HEED US! WE BARE THE WORDS OF THE SUPREME ONE.

Zaryusu was frozen.

???: DEATH COMES FOR ALL OF YOU! THE GREAT ONE HAS IMMOBILIZED A ARMY TO DESTROY YOU! NONETHELESS, WE ALLOW YOU TO MOUNT A FUTILE RESISTANCE. EIGHT DAYS FROM THIS DAY- YOU SHALL BE THE SECOND OFFERING OF DEATH.

Zaryusu: the second?

???: OFFER YOUR DESPERATE RESISTANCE. SO THAT THE GREAT ONE MAY SNEER IN DELIGHT! BY NO MEANS FORGET- EIGHT DAYS!

the being slowly started to fly up. Soon, it was past the dark clouds and no longer visible.
At first, the village stood in fear, then, panic and fear struck.

————————

After the meeting with the unknown monster, the village had decided it was best to meet and talk over what the next plan was.

The elders, the chief, Zaryusu, and the strongest warriors gathered in the meeting chamber.

Elder: What are we to do?!? The only choice is to evacuate.

Elder 2: And leave our home and ancestors behind? We must stand our ground.

Chief Shasuryu stopped them both.

Shasuryu: I think we need a outside opinion.

He looked at Zaryusu. His brother should have known, a outsider is not allowed to speak before the tribe, let alone the elders.

Elder 3: very well.

Zaryusu was stunned that he had agreed, but spoke.

Zaryusu: I have seen that kind of monster before. Just once though. It is strong, even if it is the leader of these forces, we will need help.

Elder: so we ally our tribes?

Zaryusu: Yes, but not just our allies. We need all the tribes.

Elder: All the- Are you insane?!??

Zaryusu: we need all the help we can get.

Elder: I-

Shasuryu: enough. If my brother believes we can even untie the tribes, it's worth a shot.

Elder: we would need a ambassador.

Shasuryu: my brother can do it.

Zaryusu: Brother!

Elder: yes, he is an outsider. And a traveler. So, having him be the peace talker makes most sense.....

the Elders mumbled. They quickly stopped and came to a decision.

Zaryusu: they may be unwilling to listen, since I am a traveler.

Shasuryu: Then you will takes the chiefs seal.

He was shocked and honored at the same
moment.

Zaryusu: Thank you.

———————-

That night, he set his gear atop Rororo. Outside his hut, the giant Hydra hissed happily.

As he put the last of his equipment on his back, his brother appeared from past the trees. He walked forward. His face was stern and focused.

Shasuryu: So, your heading out now then?

Zaryusu: Yes, we only have so much time.

Shasuryu : I see.

He walked up and patted his brothers shoulder.

Shasuryu: come back with a alliance to beat all others.

Zaryusu smiled.

Zaryusu: I will.

He climbed up Rororo's back and looked down at his brothers below. As he began his journey, he looked back at his village. Then, looked towards the moon.

He rode out into the swamplands. He would not come back defeated.