Chapter 20: The Bloody Valkyrie

so, This is a super long one, sorry for that. I didn't want to split it into two parts. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!!!!

Part 1

Shalltear stood stationary in a grassy field. The sun was bright and the forest around her  moved with the wind. Above, on a cliffs edge nearby, A portal opened. It pulsated a dark, evil aura. Out stepped a skeleton in old rags. He looked around the environment, then looked down at Shalltear.

From inside the portal, two more figures stepped out. Both not even half his size. The two had oddly colored eyes. One held a scroll, the other had on gauntlets.

Ains: Aura. Mare. This is where we part ways. After we separate, begin scouting the area for enemies.

Aura/Mare: yes.

Ains: If the number of enemies outnumber you, retreat back to Nazarick immediately.

Aura: I understand.

After a moment, almost reluctant, the other spoke as well.

Mare: I understand.

Ains: Listen, make sure to retreat. That's the most important thing. Also, the scroll "Depiction of Nature and Society", and the gauntlets "Avarice and Selfless", are world items treasured by Nazarick. They must never be taken from us. Depending on the situation, they are more important then your lives.

Mare/Aura: Yes!

Ains looked down into the battlefield for a moment.

Ains: Alright, lets get started.

--------------------------------

Part 2:

Nazarick Pov....

Demiurge opened the main halls doors. inside were two couches and a table. On the table sat a mirror. It floated peacefully.

Demiurge: I've returned.

On one side of the table sat Albedo on a couch. She smiled warmly  as he entered the room. Across from her on the opposite couch, Cocytus sat next to Verinx.

Demiurge folded his hands as he sat down next to Albedo.

Demiurge: Now, may I ask what is going on?

Alebdo: All of my words with lord Ains were conveyed in the message I sent out.

Demiurge: ........ Why did you let lord Ains go alone?

Albedo: Lord Ains made the decision. And we must obey-

Demiurge: why did you allow such a thing?! If it was a trap, we could have sent our minions in! We could overtake our enemies if all the guardians fought! I believe that Lord Ains was Lying. I cannot begin to guess his profound reasons. But I am sure you noticed it to!

Albedo: yes, it is as you say.

Demiurge: Then, why did you let lord Ains go?! When the supreme beings went to the capital and E-Rantel, you rejected there refusal of guardians so vehemently! Why did you concede his wishes this time?!

Alebdo: Because, lord Ains said he wanted to defeat Shalltear himself.

Demiurge: What?

Albedo seemed to be caught up in a fantasy as she spoke. She looked away and smiled even wider.

Albedo: I felt true determination from him. As a women,it may have been irreverent to me,but when the ,an I love is determined to fill his will, I just couldn't continue arguing with him. And, Lord Ains promised me he would return.