The Retribution (AU)

I cleaned my blade with a white cloth while Moira rolls in the chair next to me looking bored. I eyes her suspiciously, not because she was a creepy weaboo who probably watches Naruto. It was because everytime she was next to me it would send a chill down my spine. The first day we met she asked me my blood type.

"Aren't you supposed to be torturing bunnies and doing experiments on them?" I say putting my sword on my back.

Moira sighs
"Commander forbids me to do any experiments on what he calls 'innocent creatures'... of course Reyes agrees with him..."

I rolled my eyes "I wonder why?" I replied sarcastically.

The scientists smile
"Such a shame really... unless you would like to be-"
"Forget it."

Moira crosses her arms. "I don't understand, you let that little witch of an angel experiment on you!!"

I frowned staring at her
"You mean Dr. Ziegler? And she doesn't experiment on me, if she were too it would be very gentle!!" My cheeks blooming under my visor.

"Ugh... I don't know why you people like her.." this time it was her turn to roll her eyes.

My words turn into slurs
"What!! I-I don't like her.. that.. way."
"I said people, not you.."

Steam puffs out of my visor "O-Oh.."  as she stares at me wearily.

I brush the feeling off "What? You don't like her?"

Moira rolls her eyes "If I had two bullets with Hitler, a dinosaur and Angela in the same room. I'd shoot her twice.." then leans back in her chair.

I never knew why she hated the kind doctor. Gabe called it an argument, Jesse called it rivalry but Morrison called it pure madness.

Then a knock on a door as it slides open like a window. Dr. Ziegler steps in with her doctor's coat with a clip board in hand. "Ah!! Genji, and Moira!! My two favorite people!!" She smiles.

My heart gushes as Moira scoffs making a noise that sounded like throwing up. "It is not my prefence to stay, I have better things to do so I will take my leave..." she says standing up then walking out of the lab.

I look over to Dr. Ziegler who sets down her clipboard and pours a cup of coffee, then hands a cup to me. "Anyways, what brings you here Genji? I thought we scheduled our appointment next week."

I stare at the dark brown drink. I couldn't taste anything at the moment, but Angela was working on that. I take off my visor then let the hot liquid pour onto my tongue. I only felt comfortable revealing my face to her.

"I suppose.. I feel more relaxed here.."
"Aww~ that's nice to hear!!"
"Then Moira came in and ruined everything..."
"Oh.."

The doctor takes a seat next to me. "Well, you ever need to get anything off your chest. Feel free to come here to relax. I know how stressful blackwatch can be..."

I took a breath in then out, then stare at the coffee as it flashes my own reflection back at me. "Its... fine.." 

Angela puts hand on top of mines, which in fact is a lot smaller than my hand. "I just want you to remember that you don't only have members in blackwatch but also in Overwatch. And if you'd like.."

She puts on a little smile.
"You can come to me..."

"Ninja down!!"

The words made me jump a little out of my metal armor. "Eh.. What?" I stared at the cowboy in daze from my little daydream. I was still thinking about what had happened at Dr. Ziegler's office.

Moira sighs, crushing her venom sphere in her fists. "What does Reyes even want with us? He told us to meet him here and he hasn't even come.."

Jesse sighs "I bet it's because he's gonna fire one of us!! Probably me because I stole the last donut!!" Patting his cowboy hat in shame.

"How can he fire us? There's literally only three of us in blackwatch." I replied rolling my eyes.

Moira fixes her broken halo "The boys right. Reyes couldn't find anyone else to replace us."

That's when the door slid open. We fixed our attentions to the Commander of Blackwatch, Gabriel Reyes.

The atmosphere grew dark in his presence. All of us grew silence and tense by the sight of him. It stayed that way, it would always be that way. Because he would be the one to speak up first.

"He said no..."

I was confused on what Gabriel meant but it seemed as if Jesse understood. "Damn..." he says.

I stare at Reyes "What do you mean, are you talking about strike commander jack?"

Gabriel nods
"There was an attack in the blackwatch HQ in Rome. An agent of Talon came in and planted an explosive, almost got away with Gerard's life." He growls "And it was all in the hands of Bartalotti Antonio, one of the leaders of Talon..."

Reyes punches the table "And our golden boy Jack Morrison wants to stand with the government and play by the books!! PLAY BY THE RULES!!" I thought I saw shadows looming over his body, but I must've been tired, cause I knew it was impossible. Or was it?

Moira smiles, anyone would think them as a psychopath. For the doctor they were right, "So.. what do you want us to do about it?"

Reyes shakes his head "I can't, no, I won't!! Stand around anymore!! I will not stand by watching my friends die, watching city collapses and do nothing about it." He breathes in. "I want to take matters in our own hands... I want to put an end to them, to everything so that a tragedy like this will never happen. Again..."

I felt disturbed by him, hell we all did. "Reyes, do you believe it is wise to go against Morrison's orders?"

"Wise?" He laughs. "I believe it's the right thing to do.. the only thing we can do.."

Jesse waves his hand "Nevermind that!! I'm down with your little rebellion, but what do you actually want to do? With Antonio?"

All of us looked at him. "I'm going to capture him, then bring him back to Overwatch.. I want to give him a... message.." A chill runs down my spine. The fact that he hesitates, is what scares me.

Moira plays a little smile on her face. Did she know something? What was it? "Well then, I prefer we suit up for now. It'll be interesting, and we'll make it in time for our little mission."

Gabe nods then looks back at us.
"Talon thinks they can get away with this.. that Overwatch is chained to rules that Talon can break... But what they don't know is..." he puts on a wicked smile "I don't play by those rules either..."

~~~~♡~~~~

(To be continued... in "Overwatch Oneshots")

Author's Note:

A little chapter to show my love for the new event!! It's an AU remember!! Not canon to the story. However this is only part 1. If you'd like to see part 2 go to my profile and check it out in my new book Overwatch Oneshots!! The rest will be written under the same title.