Thank you for 800 votes!!

WOW!! This story has a lot of views and votes!! Thanks to all of you readers of course!! So I want to dedicate this chapter to explaining the origin of this story and other inspirations that helped me shape the story of what it is today!!

Why I created "A Gency Story"?

I think it was when I was obsessed with the fanbase of Overwatch and started to get pretty into the ship of Gency.

I always loved Genji's character and his lore in general so the first time I seen him I was like. "That's a pretty cool power ranger" To be honest, I'm literal trash when I play

As for Mercy, I loved her so much!! I use to play her all the time before the stupid update!! I am definitely a Soldier 76 and a mercy main!!

In reality this book was suppossed to be a joke. I never actually thought it would be a 50 chapter book. First chapter I was just like LOL!! SCREW IT ALL!! You guys seem to really like it and then my head just blew up with ideas

Inspirations

In this book, I wrote mostly on things I see or heard of. For example in the first chapter, the scene when Genji first meets Mercy. They meet at a pub, and the place was inspired by another gency Fanfic called "Good time" by AliceRomanlolunfortunately I didn't know it was a smut book. So I kind of fell in a trap. Aside from that the author made Genji and Mercy meet at a pub and I guess th at idea stuck in my head and I was just like cool let's write about that. And if you're into that smutlife then go check out her story!! 

Okay so the part when Zenyatta 'accidently' sends Genji's letter to Angela was inspired by the winter comic "reflections"

And in the chapter where Genji and Pharah fight for Mercy was inspired by the overall Overwatch community and the fight between Gency and Pharmercy

And in the chapter where Genji and Pharah fight for Mercy was inspired by the overall Overwatch community and the fight between Gency and Pharmercy. I wanted that chapter to symbolize the Gency shipper and Pharmercy shipper war. I wanted it to represent that when you fight about how the ships wrong or why it's bad, the fighting won't actually lead to anything!! That's why I didn't write who the victor of the fight was, because no victor is representing that no ship is right or wrong, and no ship is better than the other.

Why I like Gency?

I feel like the ship in general is really interesting. It has so much unspoken lore and brings up new ideas of what might've happened or what's going to happen. 

There's so many theories to come up with and so much connection between the two of them.

Genji and Mercy in my opinion have a really special bond with each other, Mercy saves Genji's life and who knows what might happen because of this one action.

And even if they don't become canon I would still ship them cause they are adorable asf.

If you have any questions just comment them!!