Recovery

I was recovering from Overwatch HQ when Hanzo broke the news to me. 

Angela had given up her life so that I could live on. 

I was devastated, I felt so helpless and alone to know the world had took away the only home I had known to love. 

I wanted to die, the chilling thought of suicide inching down my neck. I couldn't focus on anything else, but the lost of her. 

Thankfully my time hadn't come just yet. I had people around me who hadn't given up and wanted to help me every step of the way. 

My brother came to my rescue when he saw me reaching for my sword. So he quickly threw it to the side and refused to let me go until I finally surrendered from hurting myself. I sobbed against his shoulder as the dam that blocked my sadness finally broke. 

Hana came over after that day to get me snacks and play games with me. She wouldn't leave my house until three in the morning, even then I would have to get Jack to drag her out. 

Speaking of Jack, the man who I thought was my enemy ended up being one of my closest friends. He secretly paid for my apartment when I refused the care of Overwatch. The moment when I was finally ready to get help, he got me into therapy. He had always told me that Overwatch was opened for me and I started to realize I had another home. 

Sombra surprisingly tagged a long onto my road to recovery as well. After Talon had fallen over the past months, Fareeha managed to convince her to join Overwatch. She was there to keep me up to date with HQ, making sure I wasn't under a rock these past few months. 

Once I was getting onto my knees, Fareeha helped me back onto my feet. She made sure I was keeping fit while I was still in therapy. Every morning she would throw pebbles at my window and whistle at me to get my ass downstairs. I would come back sweating as she made me do laps around the park, lift weights and do push ups. Having someone who held the same weight you held made recovery easier, knowing that I wasn't the only one.

After a year of my recovery, with people helping me up onto my feet, guiding me so that I could finally walk by myself. I walked over to Overwatch, ready to face my fate that I had pushed back so many months ago. 

When I first walked into Overwatch, Jack was there to first greet me. Pulling me into a hug as if we were good pals, and indeed we were over the months. After chatting for hours in the training area, he finally took me to see Angela. 

If I was the me months ago, I would reject him. I wouldn't able to bear the sight of her stone grave, the truth of her gone, that my home was gone. 

But during these past months, with the support that I had received from other's. I was ready. I had come into terms with her death. I accepted the fact that she sacrificed herself for me. I couldn't give it back to her, so the only way to repay her is to live my life to the fullest. 

Angela Ziegler will always hold a special place in my heart, for teaching me love, how to love myself and those around me. How to be at peace with myself.

And as I stand in front of her, Jack by my side. I could finally say,

She is my home, my love. 

And to me she is my hero...

Author's Note: 

Epilogue and Ending Note is next!