fifty // sleep

my head hurts waking up. the whole night my mind ran over the two thoughts i didn't want to think of. niall and the blonde. i feel like choking the two of them, but at the same time i don't want to.

i sit up in ashton's bed and sigh at his small room. why does it have to be sunday? i wish the time would just stop and give me time to sort out my life. i'm really not in the mood to return to uni and act as if everything is okay. then when i don't have my horrid classes, that i'm easily losing interest in, i have my morning shift at walgreens.

all my energy feels drained from my body. how am i going to last through classes tomorrow, wednesday, and friday? i pull ashton's pillow over my face and scream as loud as my vocal cords allow me. i'm so done with living my life with this. it seems like everything that needs to be done, has to be forced.

placing the pillow back to its position, i pull myself up from the bed and walk into the bathroom. my body feels once again damp from the extremely hot air conditioner last night. how do either of them stand it? especially ashton with his long sleeved shirts and hoodies that he wears at night. a lot of things about him is difficult to understand.

my blue curls stick to my damp forehead. i sigh and pull it away. once again, i look like a complete wreck. it's not like i really care about how i look anymore. i don't even feel like trying to fix my hair. i should probably brush my teeth...

michael stands in front of the door, pulling on a jacket and scarf as i walk out ashton's bedroom and into the living room. he smiles at my appearance, "morning, el. sleep well?"

"sure," i reply even though i spent all night tossing and turning because of niall invading my brain. he's probably not even thinking of me while i'm losing sleep over the thought of him. "hey, quick question, do you have a spare toothbrush and toothpaste?"

"yeah, in the drawer in ash's bathroom," michael says, "i'm heading out. wake ash up if you need anything."

"okay," i finally realize ashton lying on the couch. he has the sheet wrapped around his whole entire body this time, causing him to look like someone just piled a couple of blankets on top of the couch.

"bye," a waft of cold air seeps through the door as michael leaves the house. with one last glance at ashton's weird position, i make my way back to his bedroom.