Chapter 5

An eerie silence falls over the group, as I hold my breath and hope that the woman is lying. I nervously glance around and clench my fist around my specter, as my heart hammers within my chest.

Seconds later, Rena swims towards the woman. I stare at her with wide eyes, as my heart shatters into million pieces. "R-Rena..." I choke out, as tears form in my eyes. The said female looks over her shoulder at me, as an emotionless expression appears on her face.

"Why!?" Stella roars, clenching her fists in pure rage and glaring at her. "Why did you team up with her!? Rena, we cared about you! You were our friend! Why did you do this to us!? Especially Aqua!"

I place my hand against my chest, as tears stream down my cheeks. Roxy, whose right next to me, engulfs me in a hug. I force a smile and wrap my arms around her, as a sharp pain forms in my chest. Why does this hurt so much...?

"Rena, you'll pay for this!" Bloom declares abruptly, positioning herself in front of Roxy and I. "Not only have you lied to us and pretended to be our friend, but you've hurt my friends! I won't forgive you for that!"

Rena chuckles in amusement, as she puts her hands on her hips. "Oh? I'm so scared," she mocks. "Bloom, you're supposed to be one of the strongest fairies to ever exist, but look at you now. You're a lot weaker than Flora and I, and we don't even possess the powers of the dragon flame."

Bloom scowls and clenches her fists in rage, before narrowing her eyes at Rena. "Phoenix flames!" She states, as a beam of fire magic charges at her. The woman raises her hand, as a forcefield surrounds them and blocks her attack.

"Rena, I'm done with these games," the woman says sharply, as the said female looks over her shoulder at her. "It's time to go." I eye them cautiously, as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach.

"Yes, mistress."

Once Rena utters those words, both of them vanish. I wipe the tears from my eyes, as a look of determination crosses my face. "Aqua, are you okay?" Flora asks, before resting her hand on my shoulder.

"I will be," I say softly, before shrugging off Flora's hand and Roxy's hug. "As for now, our main focus should be locating the goddess of time and unlocking Dimentix. I know it'll be difficult, but we should concentrate on our mission and stopping that woman."

"You're right," states Tecna, who nods in my direction. "In a situation like this, we temporarily need to suppress our emotions in order to accomplish our mission. Winx, I know how unfortunate and burdensome this is, but you're stronger than you think."

"I completely agree with what you're saying," Daphne comments. "Strength isn't always physical. When an individual finds their mental and emotional strength, it allows them to grow as a person and accept their weaknesses as well. That allows them to improve at a faster rate."

"Alright!" Aisha proclaims, as a wide grin forms on her lips. "Daphne, Tecna, and Aqua are right! Let's do this!" Bloom exchanges a look with Stella, before nodding in Aisha's direction. I glance at Roxy, as a look of determination forms on her face.

"Aqua, we've got your back no matter what," Roxy states, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Through calm and storm, we're with you." I lock eyes with her, as a bright smile forms on my lips. She just recited the second line of the prophecy, didn't she? I think to myself.

"Roxy is right!" Stella declares, before running a hand through her hair. "We haven't always gotten along, but you've made these past few years special! Heck, you even managed to convince me to do the doctorate program for fairies at Alfea."

"Besides, we're the Winx!" Musa states, shooting me a warm smile. "Think of all the opponents we faced and defeated. The Trixs, Darkar, Valtor, the wizards of the black circle, Tritannus, the Legendarium, and now this woman and Rena! This won't be any different! Like any other enemy we've faced, we're going to take them down and save the magic dimension!"

"Alright, girls, it's time to go!" Bloom states abruptly, which captures our attention. "Now, let's find that goddess and get the power of Dimentix!" I nod in agreement, as a newfound excitement forms in the pit of my stomach. Yes, Rena has betrayed us, but that doesn't mean we still don't have each other. As we arrive at the entrance to the portal, a hope washes over me. If anything, we have to achieve Dimentix and save the magic dimension before it's too late.