Chapter 42

Stella's POV

I stand alongside Bloom, as we intently stare at Valtor and Lord Darkar. A newfound determination forms in the pit of my stomach, as I run a hand through my hair. After everything that happened, I'll make sure they regret coming back. I put a hand on my hip and exchange a look with Bloom, as a confident grin forms on my lips. 

"Want to know something, Bloom?" 

"What, Stella?" 

"I know this is supposed to be our final battle, but I feel like we got the short end of the stick," I point out, eyeing the two males carefully. "I know we struggled against them back then, but we're a lot stronger now." I cross my arms in annoyance. "I just feel like the others will have more fun with their opponents." 

Bloom, upon hearing my words, huffs in annoyance. "Interesting thought," she comments, looking over her shoulder at me. "Even if we have improved over the years, we can't underestimate them." She purses her lips in concentration. "If Aqua's future self had a hand in them coming back, then there's no doubt that she enhanced their powers and abilities as well." 

"I..." 

"Are you two done chitchatting yet?" Valtor's voice echoes through the cave, interrupting our conversation. An amused smirk curves around his lips, as I eye him cautiously. After everything he's done to Aqua, all I want to do is kill him. Not only did he nearly torture her to death, but he turned her evil. I don't think I could ever forgive him for that! 

"What's it to you, Valtor?" Bloom remarks, taking a step forward. "It's really none of your business." She clenches her fists in rage. "If you want me to be honest, you're a pathetic excuse for a human being. You hurt others to get what you want and sided with Aqua's future self to continue hurting her. I won't let you get away with that!" 

Fire shrouds her entire body, as I raise my eyebrows in astonishment. There's no doubt that she's powerful, but I haven't felt this much magic energy from her in a long time. The red-haired fairy holds out her hand, as a fire-like dragon races forward and drags Valtor out of the cave. 

"Wow, Bloom! That...!" 

"Stella, I'll take care of Valtor," she says in a serious tone. "You deal with the Phoenix." I nod in response, as she opens her wings and vanishes into thin air. I exhale sharply and turn to look at Lord Darkar, as he slowly approaches me. I narrow my eyes at him, as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. 

Although we fought the other day, this battle is undoubtedly different. Not only does it determine the fate of the entire magic dimension, but neither one of us are going to be holding back this time. I get into a fighting position, as my heart hammers ferociously within my chest. 

The Shadow Phoenix, who notices my posture, extends his arms, as two dark-colored beams charge at me. I raise my hands, as a galaxy-like forcefield surrounds me and blocks his attack. "Very interesting," says Lord Darkar, who puts his hands on his hips. "It seems you became more versatile and learned how to use other types of magic." 

"So what?" 

"Let's see if you can handle this." 

He snaps his fingers, as darkness fills the cave. My eyes flash dangerously, as I clench my fists in desperation. I didn't realize he could do something like that! If that's the case, then I really need to step up my game. "That's quite an impressive ability you have there," I admit, as a casual smirk etches on my face. "Even so, I'm the worst opponent for you." I then hold out my hand. "Eclipse." 

Seconds later, the darkness in the cave thickens. I glance around, as the Shadow Phoenix gets into a fighting position. I race towards him with a newfound speed, as he summons a few shadow creatures, who charge at me. I open my wings and launch the creatures into a nearby wall, before sending an orb of light at Lord Darkar.