Chapter 46

Roxy's POV

With Tecna and Musa on both sides of me, a newfound determination forms in the pit of my stomach. Nabu, who stands to Musa's left, lifts his specter and prepares to face them. When we fought them for the first time, I was their target, and the Winx went out of their way to protect me. Because of our combined efforts with the Earth fairies, we were able to defeat them and trap them in the omega dimension. However, they were released by Aqua's future self and have the same goal to suck me into the black circle. Fortunately, we are a lot stronger and ready to end this once and for all.

I narrow my eyes at them and get into a fighting stance, as my heart hammers within my chest. After everything we've been through with Aqua's future self, it would be stupid to underestimate them. Perhaps, she enhanced their powers in some form? If that's the case, then we need to be extra careful. I know we originally told Aqua and Jax that we could handle them, but I can't help but feel nervous. The last thing I would want is to distract Aqua from defeating her future self.

"Alright! We're going to end this once and for all!" Musa declares, narrowing her eyes at the four males. "We've already defeated you once, so this time should be a lot easier." I shoot Musa a toothy grin, as Tecna nods in her direction and turns her attention to the four wizards.

Nabu then holds up his specter and aims a purple beam at them, which causes them to simultaneously leap into the air. Musa claps her hands, as a sound beam echoes through the tunnel and launches them to the ground.

As the wizards start to stand up, I start to sprint towards them. The power of the cheetah forms within me, as I race towards them with a newfound speed. I punch Gantlos in the stomach, before kicking Anagan in the face.

"I got you now!" Dulman states from behind, as my eyes flash dangerously. I shouldn't have been so careless! Before his attack could land, Tecna appears in front of him and blocks his attack with a green forcefield. I stare at her in amazement. How did she do that?

"That was amazing, Tecna!"

She looks over her shoulder at me, as a warm smile curves around her lips. "Honestly, I'm just relieved that you still have your phone on you," Tecna points out, as I tilt my head to the side in confusion. What could she mean by that? Did she teleport in front of me using my phone?

"Girls, watch out!" Musa exclaims, as my eyes widen in horror. I quickly turn around, as Ogron fires a powerful orb at the forcefield. I look at Tecna through the corners of my eyes, as she struggles against his attack.

I summon the white circle and hold it out in front of me, as the four wizards stare at me in shock and horror. "I summon the powers from Aurora, the fairy of the north!" I declare, as the temperature around us begins to drop. The wizards begin to shiver from the cold, as Tecna hesitantly releases her shield.

"Nice, Roxy." Tecna nods in my direction. "Now, it's my turn." She raises her hands above her head, as green-colored fills the tunnel. Ogron puts up a shield to block it, as Musa stomps on the ground and creates a sound beam that knocks the wizards to the ground. Nabu appears to our left and holds up his specter, as four, purple-colored orbs surround the wizards.

"May this be the end!" Nabu declares, placing both hands on his specter. "This attack will eradicate the darkness from your souls!" Sweat pours down his forehead, as the four wizards struggle against his attack. A purple explosion comes from the four orbs, as the wizards vanish into thin air.

Before we could celebrate, the other members of the Winx Club hurry towards us. "There you are!" Bloom states, as a genuine smile curves around her lips. "I'm so happy that you are okay! We were so worried!"

"If the four of you are here, that means that Aqua and Jax went to confront Aqua's future self," Daphne deduces, pursing her lips in concentration. "Although both of them are very powerful, I cannot help but wonder what tricks Aqua's future self has up her sleeve." She scrunches her brow in concern. "Besides, we haven't encountered any creatures from the Legendarium since we've arrived on Andros."

"In other words, she's saving that for last," Musa says, running a hand through her hair. I shift nervously and exchange a look with Aisha, as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. With Aqua's future self being so powerful, I cannot imagine what she could do with the Legendarium. Because she's the one who possesses that book, we really need to proceed with caution.

Stella puts a hand on her hip. "Let's not waste another minute then!" She declares, clenching her fists in pure determination. "We need to get the Legendarium away from her and help them defeat her right away!"

"Wait, before we go..." Flora murmurs, lowering her head in dismay. "I need to tell you something." I tilt my head to the side. "Something happened in my battle with Rena..." Tears form in her eyes, as I scrunch my brows in concern.

Bloom places a hand on Flora's shoulder. "Hey, it's okay..."

"I did everything I could and tried my best to bring her back, but it wasn't enough..." Flora admits, as tears stream down her cheeks. "R-Rena is dead..." Once she utters those words, I stare at her in shock. What did she just say?

"What? That can't be true."

Aisha nods. "Yeah. I don't believe it."

"Me neither."

I take a step forward. "How did it happen?"

"She was a terrifying opponent," Flora explains. "I decided to use a pollen that would mess with her powers, but before I could react, she summoned a sword and stabbed herself in the stomach." She clenches her fists in desperation. "I checked for a pulse to see if I could heal her, but it was too late..."

"Flora, I'm so sorry that happened..."

"That's horrible."

"Even in her last moments, she was fighting against that darkness," continues Flora, who tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "At one point in our fight, she stopped the darkness from attacking and saved my life." She heaves a sigh. "It sounded to me like she wanted to help us defeat Aqua's future self. I just... I wish I was stronger..."

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to become stronger," Nyx says abruptly, capturing everyone's attention. "You did everything you could, Flora, and it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for what happened with Rena."

"Thank you, Nyx..."

"I know this sounds cold, but we need to keep going," states Tecna, who has a serious expression on her face. "We really need to help Aqua and Jax. After everything that happened with Rena, we don't want to lose anyone else."

"That's a good point," Bloom says, nodding in her direction. "The battles with our past enemies have been successful, and we need to catch up with Jax and Aqua before it's too late." I nod in agreement, as a newfound determination forms in the pit of my stomach. And with that, we hurry forward. I know it's a crazy thought, but I hope nobody tells Aqua about Rena until her future self has been dealt with.