Chapter 27

In a matter of minutes, we arrive at the prison, where Rena is chained to the wall. I shift nervously, before looking over my shoulder at Jax, who nods in my direction. "The armies are prepared for battle," I say abruptly, which captures Rena's attention. She narrows her eyes at me, as I run a hand through my hair and meet her intense gaze.

"That wouldn't make a difference," states Rena, who eyes me carefully. "Not only does my mistress have the army of darkness, but the army of Makani is also under her control." My eyes flash dangerously, as a chill races down my spinal cord. Although we originally thought our chances would skyrocket by preparing our own armies for battle, my future self managed to counter our plan with her own. Even so, the army of light and darkness is exceptional and would most likely stand the best chance against Makani's army.

"We'll see about that," I retort, as a confident grin forms on my lips. "The army of light and darkness is formidable, and they won't go down that easily." Rena scrunches her brow in concern, before glancing at Roxy and Jax, who stand right behind me. A serious expression appears on her face, as I place my hands on my hips.

"It won't matter in the end," Rena says, as her eyes turn white. "The prophecy remains the same. Roxy is destined to perish, and you will break your promise to her." Her eyes return to normal. "My mistress will win in the end, and even you won't be able to stop her."

"There's always a way," Jax states, before placing his hand on my shoulder and meeting Rena's gaze. "I never thought you were so narrowminded, Rena." I look at him through the corners of my eyes, as a chill races down my spinal cord. "I've trained so much over the past few years, and one thing I learned is that fate can change, and people can alter their destiny." He clears his throat. "I will do everything in my power to change Aqua's fate and ensure that her future won't be repeated."

Rena smirks. "I'd love to see you try."

Musa takes a step towards her. "Rena, I don't know if you remember this, but Roxy was supposed to be sucked into the black circle," she remarks, as the said female frowns and eyes her carefully. "As you can see, that never happened, and Roxy became a member of the Winx Club." Her face hardens. "I don't know if that means anything to you, but from what I can tell, we changed fate before, and we'll do it again."

"Magicix will be the first to fall," Rena says in an emotionless tone, as her eyes turn white once again. "Once Magicix falls, then the other worlds of the magic dimension will follow in its footsteps." I shift nervously and exchange a look with Jax, as a serious expression appears on his face.

He scowls. "I won't let that happen."

"Even with you by her side, Jax, Aqua will never be able to defeat her future self," she states, before chuckling in amusement. "Why is it that hard to understand? Not only does she know what's going to happen next, but she also possesses the powers of the Winx Club." Rena smirks. "What's more powerful than that? She doesn't just have the water stars and dragon flame, but the abilities of the different worlds of the magic dimension."

I lower my head in defeat, as my hair covers my eyes. Although Roxy and I discussed my future self possessing all of our powers, it's still hard to think about. "It doesn't matter!" Roxy declares, which captures everyone's attention. "If we work together, then we'll find a way!" She clenches her fists and intently stares at her. "You know, Rena, I used to look up to you. You were pretty, powerful, and determined, but that was before you turned your back on your friends." She runs a hand through her hair. "Now, you're just a shell of who you used to be! You threw away everything you had just for this! To me, that's the definition of pathetic."

After she utters those words, Rena stares at Roxy in astonishment. "Aqua, it's time to go," Jax states, as I nod in response. I look at Rena for a moment, as a smug expression appears on her face. Jax then takes my hand and leads me out of the room, with Roxy, Musa, Flora, and Aisha following right behind us. As for Daphne and Bloom, they remain in the prison and watch Rena. If anything, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do anymore. Although we gathered multiple armies to face my future self, it feels like it wasn't enough, and whatever we do, my future self is always ten steps ahead of us.