Chapter 16

We walk into the courtyard, as a soft wind blows against my hair. I look over at Jax, who has a stern expression on his face. Although things have been tough lately, I'm thankful for his role in my life and the impact he has made. Even so, I cannot help but wonder if he's the person that will die. "Aqua, is everything alright?" Jax questions, meeting my gaze.

I shift nervously, before forcing a smile. "Jax, I keep thinking about the prophecy," I admit, as tears form in my eyes. "It predicted the creation of the Winx Club, us overcoming challenges, and Rena betraying us." I lower my head in dismay, as my hair covers my eyes. "I'm afraid of what is next. Apparently, someone will die, and someone will make a promise that they won't be able to keep."

"Aqua, you need to stop obsessing over it," Jax says abruptly, which captures my attention. "I know you're concerned about what will happen in the future and how this prophecy will shape your life, but you're letting it consume you." He turns to stare at me, as a stern look forms on his face. "With prophecies, they can become the future if you allow them, but in most cases, they are just a warning."

Tears form in my eyes, as he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "Thank you, Jax," I murmur, as a genuine smile etches on my lips. "I needed that. I really appreciate it." He nods in my direction, before engulfing me in a hug. I wrap my arms around him, before burying my face into his chest. I'm so thankful for him! He's definitely the best thing that has happened to me!

"Awww. How sweet," a mocking yet familiar voice comes from behind. My eyes flash dangerously, as I quickly pull away from the hug and look in that direction. My future self stands there, with an amused expression on her face. I exchange a nervous look with Jax, as he takes a step forward and protectively stands in front of me.

"What do you want?"

She chuckles to herself, before putting her hands on her hips. "All I want is my present self to become me," my future self states, as I stare at her with wide eyes. "If that happens, then I'll exist in another timeline, and the cycle will be repeated once again."

"If something bad happened to you, then why would you want the same fate for someone else?" I ask, as a dark smirk forms on her lips. "You experienced pain, and it's your choice if you want to change that. With changing what occurs in my future, it could change what happened to you and make your life better!"

"Tch. So childish." She snickers, before rolling her eyes in annoyance. "I tried that once, but it failed. It didn't work, Aqua. You want to know why?" I purse my lips in concentration, as Jax narrows his eyes at her. "You're way too naive."

"That doesn't matter!" I exclaim, clenching my fists in desperation. "As long as I have control over my life, I will never become you!" Amusement flickers in her eyes, as a dark smirk etches on her lips.

"How amusing," my future self hums, before running a hand through her hair. "Destiny and fate is something nobody can control. Not even Rena. She can see the future and experience what will happen if certain events change, but she can't change destiny."

"It doesn't matter what you say!" I declare, as she arches a brow. "I'll make my own destiny and decide my own path! What happens in my future is my decision, and I won't let you change that!"

"You know, Aqua, I remember saying those exact words," she responds, as I furrow my eyebrows in concentration. "You really want to prevent the future, don't you? However, all of the events that are happening and the actions you're taking lead right to the future and what you become, Aqua. It's quite amusing, and I cannot wait to participate in your downfall."

"You won't control me!" I state, narrowing my eyes at her. "It doesn't matter if you once said the things I'm saying! Even if you put me through hell, I refuse to become you! I have friends that genuinely care for me and a boyfriend that has my back no matter what! I will make sure you fail! Aqua: Dimentix!"

 "It doesn't matter if you once said the things I'm saying! Even if you put me through hell, I refuse to become you! I have friends that genuinely care for me and a boyfriend that has my back no matter what! I will make sure you fail! Aqua: Diment...

My future self eyes me carefully, as a dark smirk forms on her lips. "It seems, Aqua, that you need a whole new power just to defeat me," she mocks, as I glower my eyes at her. If anything, I won't let her win!

"I'll make you regret coming here!" I declare, before glaring at her. Jax, who stands alongside me, creates a powerful orb in his hands and fires it at her. She extends her hand and attempts to block it, but his attack launches her back a few feet.

"It seems I've underestimated you, Jax," my future self states, as her eyes flash dangerously. "In that case, I should stop holding back. Aqua: Evilix." Once she utters those words, a powerful energy comes from her. A pressure comes from her direction, as it pushes us backwards. I hold out my hand and struggle against it, before Jax holds out his arms and creates a force field around us. As the energy settles down, her new form is revealed.

I stare at her in pure horror, as a casual smirk forms on her face

I stare at her in pure horror, as a casual smirk forms on her face. "What do you think, Aqua?" She states, before raising her hands into the air. "Do you like my fairy form? This is what happens to fallen fairy."

A chill races down my spinal cord, as I narrow my eyes at her. "There's no way in hell I'll become someone like you!" I declare, as a stern look etches on my face. "Future me, it ends here and now! You'll regret your arrogance when I'm through with you!"

She smirks. "Bring it on!"