Chapter 36

As the world around us begins to fade, I nervously glance around me. I furrow my eyebrows in concentration and run a hand through my hair, instantly realizing that we are near the entrance to the omega portal in Andros. My heart hammers within my chest, as I shift nervously and carefully peer at my surroundings. Although I'm surrounded by enemies, I know I could escape if I put my mind to it. 

I peer at Valtor, who stands behind my future self, with a smug grin on his face. If my assumption is correct, then he's a coward. Jax mentioned a few minutes ago that I need to be brave and how I'm strong enough to handle this. He believes in me, and I cannot let him down. I cautiously look around the room, realizing that my future self is the only person who can defeat me. Perhaps, I can use my other enemies to get in her way and improve my chances of escaping. 

"Alright, let's settle this!" I declare, capturing their attention. My future self's eyes flash dangerously, as a casual smirk forms on my lips. Although I originally agreed to go with them without struggle to ensure Jax's safety, I have a strong feeling that him and the others are safe. My future self eyes me carefully and places a hand on her hip, before chuckling to herself. 

"I see what you're trying to do," she states, as an amused smirk forms on her lips. "You decided to comply with my demands, which removes Jax, the Winx Club, and the specialists from the picture." My future self tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "It wasn't a terrible plan, Aqua, but you forgot to take a few factors into consideration." I arch a brow. "You're in enemy territory and completely outnumbered." A dark look flickers in her eyes. "Along with that, I'm one of the opponents you're facing." 

I scrunch my brow in worry, as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. Although the other members of the Winx Club and I have faced some dangerous individuals, my future self has proven herself to be our most ferocious and threatening adversary. "That doesn't matter," I say abruptly. "Roxy was supposed to die, and we prevented it." A warm smile forms on my lips. "I was supposed to lose my cool back in Magicix, but I remained in control and unlocked a new Dimentix form." 

My future self snickers and takes a step towards me. "Yes, Aqua, you did change the past," she hums, as a dark smirk crosses her face. "However, I'm still here. In other words, although certain events have changed, the fact remains that you will become me." My eyes widen in horror, as I lower my head in dismay. I thought our actions managed to change the future, and I would be able to avoid becoming her, but I was wrong. 

"I..." 

"How adorable," my future self mocks. "You really thought you could change destiny, didn't you?" I clench my fists in desperation, as tears form in my eyes. Nobody can make you feel sorry about yourself without your permission, Jax's words echo through my head. I lift my head and meet her gaze, as a newfound determination washes over me. 

"We changed it once, and we'll do it again," I state, as she raises her eyebrows in astonishment. "Even if I to encounter thousands of futures before finding the right one, I won't let you have your way." I place my hands on my hips. "Besides, it seems you continue to underestimate my loved ones. They're a lot stronger than you give them credit for! They'll stop whatever you throw at them!"

"Tch." 

"Mistress, I've returned!" A familiar voice declares, instantly capturing our attention. I slowly look over my shoulder, as Rena stands there. Her gaze falls on me, as she arches a brow. I shift nervously, as an amused smirk etches on her face. She wears a red dress that exposes part of her chest, with some red, fingerless gloves and some red, over-the-knee, heeled boots. Her hair, which is now curly, has two hair bands that hold a small amount of hair. If anything, she looks different yet amazing!

"So, what's happening here?" Rena asks, before running a hand through her hair

"So, what's happening here?" Rena asks, before running a hand through her hair. I purse my lips in concentration and get into a fighting stance, as my future self chuckles to herself. If anything, since Rena is now here, my chances of escaping have diminished severely. Even so, my best chance of escaping would be to use my Dimentix wings to teleport back to Alfea. 

"Aqua volunteered to be our prisoner to ensure Jax's safety," my future self states, before shooting me a sickly-sweet smile. "Isn't that so romantic?" Rena looks at me through the corners of her eyes, before nodding in agreement. "Anyways, we'll keep her locked up here while we're destroying the magic dimension." She then narrows her eyes at her apprentice. "Rena, please do me a favor and watch over her while we're away." 

The said female bows. "Yes, mistress." 

I heave a sigh and clench my fists in pure rage. I'm not going to let this happen! If anything, they need to stop underestimating me! "Hello no!" I declare, capturing their attention. "I won't let you!" My future self turns to face me, before chuckling to herself. If I can stop her here and now, then she will no longer be a threat to the magic dimension.