Chapter 35

As we narrow our eyes at the ancestral witches, a soft wind blows against my hair. I heave a sigh and run a hand through my hair, as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. Why haven't they attacked us yet? Are they scared? Perhaps, they know something that we don't? I exchange a look with Flora, as she purses her lips in concentration. I wonder if she feels it as well!

I hold out my arms, as water begins to circle around them. The ancestral witches nervously glance around and search for a way out of there, just as Flora appears before them and sprinkles some pollen into the ground. A flower grows from the ground and captures them, as the witches struggle to escape. I glance at Flora, as she closes her eyes in concentration. Soon, they stop struggling, as she breathes heavily.

Before we could celebrate, my future self appears before us, with Valtor standing right behind her. "So, what did I miss?" She says in a sickly sweet tone, before meeting my gaze. "Oh, yeah! I got a gift for you, Aqua!" She snaps her fingers, as Jax appears above her head, being completely tied up in magic-proof ropes. My eyes widen in horror, as I clench my fists in desperation. How did this happen!? If anything, I shouldn't have left him!

"What do you want!?" I demand, narrowing my eyes at her. My future self chuckles to herself, as an amused smirk forms on her lips. I shoot her a glare, as my heart hammers within my chest. I then look at Jax, who scrunches his brow in concern. The only way he would've been captured is if she interrupted their fight.

"You tell me."

I meet her gaze. "Please! I'll do anything!"

"That's what I like to hear," she says in pure amusement. "I want you to beg for the safety of your boyfriend and say that you'll take his place." I stare at her with wide eyes, as my breath hitches the back of my throat. "If not, then I'll kill him here and now." I then look at Jax through teary eyes, as he shakes his head.

I get on my knees. "Please..." I beg, lowering my head in defeat. "Just release him." My hair covers my eyes. "I won't fight back, and I'll do anything you want... as long as you don't hurt him..." Tears stream down my cheeks, as I clench my fists in desperation. I squeeze my eyes shut, knowing that I couldn't bare to look at the other members of the Winx Club, specialists, or even Jax at the moment. I brought them all into this fight to retake the Legendarium, and I'm the reason we lost.

"You have yourself a deal," my future self states, before chuckling to herself. "As promised." I lift my head, as Jax starts to fall to the ground. He manages to land on his feet, before rushing towards me. Jax wraps his arms around me, as I bury my face into his chest. He holds me close to him, as my body starts to shake uncontrollably.

"Aqua, listen to me closely," he murmurs, pressing his lips against my ear. "I know you're scared, but you're stronger than you think. You've managed to stand up to your future self and have fought her off before." Jax brushes through my hair. "Believe in yourself, and you can do anything you set your mind to. Also, don't let them manipulate you. Nobody can make you feel sorry about yourself without your permission."

I smile. "You're right. Thank you."

We stand up and look at my future self, as she stares at us in amusement. "Aqua, it's time to go," she states, as I look at Jax through the corners of my eyes. His words echo through my head, as a look of determination crosses my face. My future self snaps her fingers, as I vanish into thin air alongside my enemies. Although I'm facing this alone, I know that I'm strong enough to handle it.