Chapter 8

As we enter the temple, I nervously glance around. The ground was completely white, and there was golden pillars holding up the ceiling. I exchange a look with Stella, as she leads the way through the corridor.

We arrive at a golden door, as Bloom hesitantly grabs the door handle and opens it. A woman looks at a picture on the wall, as I stare at her in awe. She has long, pink hair, with bright, blue eyes. She has a dark maroon crown, with a black, dark maroon, and pink body suit, dark maroon and pink fingerless gloves, black, dark maroon, and pink over-the-knee socks, and black heels.

"Winx, I have been expecting you," she says in a surprisingly calm tone

"Winx, I have been expecting you," she says in a surprisingly calm tone. "You're here to locate the goddess of time and learn how to achieve Dimentix. Is that right?" I lock eyes with Bloom, as she scrunches her brows in concern.

"Yes. That's correct," I answer in a stern yet curious tone, before she looks over her shoulder at us. "Who are you?" The pink-haired female chuckles to herself, before turning to face us, with her hands on her hips.

"I'm the goddess of time."

My eyes widen in shock. "I-I'm sorry if that came out as rude...!" I gasp, before pursing my lips and scratching the back of my head nervously. The goddess' face softens, as she starts to approach us.

"No worries, Aqua," she says, before stopping right in front of me. "Winx, you don't even have to address me as a superior. I've been alive for thousands of years, and it has always made me feel uncomfortable."

"What do you want us to call you then?"

The goddess furrows her eyebrows in concentration. "Winx, you can call me Genesis!" She states, with a bright smile on her face. "I've always loved that name! So, Winx, please call me that!"

Roxy nods. "Of course, Genesis!"

"Hey, um, Genesis...?" Aisha starts, which captures the goddess' attention. "We really need the power of Dimentix. Please tell us how to unlock it." Genesis runs a hand through her hair and turns to face her, before nodding in Aisha's direction.

"You're right!" She states, before putting her hands on her hips. "However, I must inform you about the trial beforehand. In this trial, it will target your weaknesses. Once you overcome your weaknesses, then you'll gain the power of Dimentix. Any questions?"

"What type of weaknesses?"

"All of them."

Flora scrunches her brow. "Like everything?"

"Just stuff you're struggling with at the moment," the goddess states, as Bloom furrows her eyebrows in concentration. "Alright, Winx, good luck and do your best." She raises her hand, as the world around me begins to change.

I appear at the courtyard of Alfea. I nervously glance around, realizing that it's completely deserted. "Hello? Is anyone there?" I ask, as an uneasy feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. Did something happen to everyone?

"You're all alone, Aqua," a voice comes from behind, as a chill races down my spinal cord. I quickly turn around, being face to face with the woman. I clench my fists in rage, as an amused smirk forms on her lips.

"No, I'm—"

"Then, what about Rena?" The woman continues, as the said female appears right next to her. "She wants nothing to do with you, Aqua. Rena isn't your friend. She's my apprentice. As for the rest of your friends, they're gone."

"You're wrong!"

"Am I?" She challenges. "If your friends weren't lying about staying by your side, then where are they now? They left you, didn't they?" I grab my head and lower my head, as tears form in my eyes.

"N-No..."

"It doesn't matter what you do, Aqua," the woman continues, with an amused smirk. "You don't stand a chance against me. Remember the first time you stood in my presence? You struggled to even stand!"

I lift my head and narrow my eyes at her, as determination washes over me. "That doesn't matter!" I declare, as she raises her eyebrows in surprise. "That's the past! I wasn't able to defeat you, but that doesn't mean that things will remain that way! I'll become strong enough to defeat you!"

The woman and Rena vanish into thin air, as relief forms in the pit of my stomach. A soft wind blows against my hair, as I cover my eyes with my hand. Once the wind dies down, I lower my hand.

The Winx stand before me, with bright smiles on their faces. "Hey, Winx!" I call, heading straight towards them. Bloom looks over her shoulder at me, before crossing her arms and rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"What do you want, Aqua?"

"I, um..."

"You've never been one of us," states Stella, who pushes me to the ground. "Aqua, I've always hated you." I hold my breath and bite my lips, as tears stream down my cheeks. Stella has always hated me?

Bloom scoffs. "Get lost, loser."

Flora nods in agreement, as Musa and Tecna eye me carefully. "You're just a waste of space," says Roxy, who shoots a look of pure disgust in my direction. I purse my lips in concentration, knowing that the other members of the Winx club would never do this again. Especially after they yelled at me about being impulsive and almost facing Tritannus and the Trixs alone. They would never do that again!

"My friends wouldn't act that way!" I state, as a determined expression appears on my face. "My friends once said very hurtful things to me once, but they assured me it would never happen again! So, don't use that against me!"

The world around me begins to change once again, as I appear at Red Fountain. Jax stands before me, with his arms crossed and a sad look on his face. "Aqua, why do you continue to hurt me like this?" He asks.

"Jax, I—" I start, before hurrying towards him and wrapping my arms around him. Jax shoves me to the ground, as I stare at him with wide eyes. A dark smirk forms on his lips, as I narrow my eyes at him.

"You're so pathetic, Aqua," he says, before cupping my chin and forcing me to look into his yellow eyes. "You wanted to become powerful, so you became the empress of the infinite ocean. You could never defeat me. It's honestly sad. You're supposed to be the fairy of the water stars, but look at how far you've fallen."

I slap his hand away and rise to my feet, as a look of determination crosses my face. "Jax would never speak to me that way!" I declare, before shoving the imposter to the ground. "He cares about me and values me as an individual! You're not real! Get lost! All of these illusions I've seen are fake!" Suddenly, a newfound power forms within myself. I hold out my hand, as my new power surges through my veins. This means I did it! I achieved Dimentix!