Stefan Salvatore (Friend)

Stefan Salvatore had stopped you from entering the classroom.

“What’s up, Stefan?” you asked.

You and Stefan weren’t really close, but you were friends.

“I need a friend, Y/N,” he whispered.

“I’m here,” you assured him.

Though you weren’t close, you weren’t the type of person to abandon someone in need.

“Can you meet me after school? And then we can go to my place and talk?” he asked.

“Sure, but Stefan, are you sure I’m the person you want to talk to?” you asked.

“You’re the only person I have right now, Y/N,” he said.

“Okay, Stefan, I’ll be there,” you promised.

He stepped, aside, allowing you access to the classroom and walked in behind you.

At the end of last period, Stefan picked you up outside your classroom and brought you to his car. He drove you to his house and quickly ushered you to his room.

You sat with him on his bed.

“What is it, Stefan?” you asked.

“Elena left me,” he said, his eyes tearing up.

“Oh, Stefan, I’m so sorry,” you whispered, leaning over to hug him.

He hugged you back tightly.

“It gets worse,” he said.

“Go on,” you encouraged.

“She moved onto my brother,” he said.

You continued to hold Stefan as he shook with tears.

“Stefan, that is so cruel. I’m sorry that you had to go through that,” you told him.

“I’m sorry to make you uncomfortable,” he said, pulling away, “It’s just that Elena and I have the same friends, so it’s awkward.”

“I understand. And we may not be close, but I’m still your friend. I’m here for you,” you said with a small smile.

“You’re amazing,” he chuckled.

“I guess I am. I mean, I’ve already got you smiling,” you pointed out.

“Can i admit something?” he asked.

“Sure,” you nodded.

“I don’t think I’m even sad that Elena left me. I think I’m sad that she moved on so quickly and onto my brother,” he said.

“Well, that’s normal. I mean, it’s your brother. It’s hard. And it’s good that you don’t miss her, it gives you the chance to move on, too,” you said.

“Would it be weird if I already knew who I wanted to move on with?” he asked.

“I don’t think so,” you shrugged.

“How do I tell her?” he asked.

“Just be honest,”” you smiled.

Stefan grabbed you and kissed you. When he pulled away, you looked at him in quiet shock.

“Was that bad? I’m sorry, Y/N,” he stumbled.

“No, it wasn’t bad. It was just… unexpected,” you replied.

Stefan smiled.

“So in that case, may I do it again?” he asked.

“Definitely.”