XII

Sohrin's POV

I woke up with a very bad headache. My eyes closed tightly as I clutched the top of my head due to the immense pain.

After a few seconds I felt a bit relieved and so I kept my hands down. I looked around and realised that I was back home. I felt as if it was a bad dream, but no. My wrists were still bruised.

The image of the man from last night made me feel disgusted. I couldn't remember anything at all. I felt myself tearing up but I calmed myself as soon as I heard someone walking in.

It was a girl from my company, she filed the works for all of us. She looked up to me and smiled.

"I hope you are okay. Don't worry about your clothes though. I changed them for you. That boy Jungkook, I guess he's a really good friend of yours. As soon as you reached here he called me to help you and left the room immediately.

He respects your privacy too. I feel happy that you have a friend like him." She said as she fixed her bag onto her shoulders.

She bid me goodbye and I nodded. As soon as she left Jungkook came into my room with a very worried expression.

He almost ran towards me and pulled me into a tight hug.
I was shocked but I felt happy when he hugged me. I hugged him back slowly and he pulled back after a few seconds,slightly flustered.  His cheek had a shade of red on them which made me smile wider.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked shyly and played with his fingers.

"I'm good, better after all that you did for me." I said in a bit of a teasing tone and he looked at me instantly with his eyes wide and cheeks rose in color.

I chuckled slightly and he lowered his gaze.

"Thank you" I said softly while looking at him.

He looked up at me with a smile.

"You're welcome!" He said and came closer to me.

He reached near my face and quickly gave a light peck on my cheek.

My face completely flushed as he looked at me with a bunny smile right after.

"Come down quickly and eat some food." He said and quickly ran downstairs.

I covered my face with my hand for a second and soon got up to take a quick shower.

• • • • • • • • •

I was putting new clothes back on after my shower when my phone started ringing.
I looked at the caller ID and it was Mark. I was so happy that he finally got some time to call me so I quickly picked it up.

"HI Ma-"

"Is Jungkook still in that house? " He asked cutting me off.

"Why are you asking?" I asked a bit confused.

"Damn it Sohrin! Just tell me if he's still over there!" He said sounding restless.

"Well, yeah. He's still here." I told him and he immediately disconnected the call.

I didn't understand why he only asked about Jungkook.  Not just that, he sounded really frustrated. It kinda intimidated me when he raised his voice slightly.

I sighed and got up.
I went downstairs and saw Jungkook on the sofa watching the news.

The smell of food immediately greeted my nostrils and soon I made my way closer to him.

'STRAY MAN KILLED BRUTALLY NEXT TO HAN RIVER. CHEST HARSHLY STONED AND FACE UNRECOGNISABLE.'

The breaking news of the day. Soon the news reporters gave out a clear picture of the man when he was alive after some interrogations.

My eyes widened when I remembered that man's face. It was the same guy that harassed me last night. I felt myself sweating and shivering at the same time. I slowly looked over to Jungkook and he was sitting there.

Smiling as he looked at the man that was killed without any mercy. Slowly he looked towards me and came closer to me immediately after turning the TV off.

He hugged me.

"Shh.. Please don't cry. That man is gone now. Don't cry over some pervert like him!" He said and rubbed my back.

I pulled back with a questioning gaze.

"How do you know about that man?" I asked softly as I looked at him intently.

"Don't worry. Now C'mon, eat the food!" He said and pulled me towards the dining room .

We quickly sat down in front of the delicious. But sadly I wasn't even able to concentrate on the meal in front of me.

Jungkook probably realised that.
He took his hand and kept it over mine before pressing softly.

"Hey Noona! How about this, once we finish eating we can go hang out somewhere. What do you say?" He asked and watched me closely.

I hold his hand back and smile at him softly.

"Thank you Jungkook, for being a part of my life." I said and soon started eating the food he made me.

"I'll always be."

To be continued....