VI

Sohrin's POV

I continued with my teaching session once she took her seat and a few girls tried befriending her. She looked uninterested and so I decided to not pay much heed to it.

Whenever I turned to look at the entire class for answers, she would always stare at me in a wierd way. I was intimidated but confused. It was almost as of she was looking at me for help.

After some time, I felt my myself getting irritated from her intense gaze and so I asked another difficult question.

"Okay, next question. Why is it important for reporters to talk to sources? Jihye, please give us the answer."

I said and folded my arms waiting for her to stand up. I might have acted like one of those bossy teachers that everyone hates but I needed to understand this girl.

She was quiet and I lost my patience.

"Jihye ple-"

"Sources give a story balance by offering different perspectives."

She answered with a determined voice, like she knew the answer by heart. But I wasn't content.

"What is a creative lea-"

"A piece of information that keeps the interviewer or reader interested."

She answered correctly even before I was able to finish the question.

The entire class cheered for her confidence while I felt myself raging. I needed to get to know her as fast as I could. She could help me in solving this puzzle that hasn't let me sleep peacefully for countless nights.

Jungkook refused, and now I have no other option.

"Detention after class for cutting through your teacher." I said without an expression and saw how the rest of the students looked at me with shocked expressions.

I wasn't the one to ever punish a student, I had never given anyone of them a detention.

Little did they know that this was my only option to see if she could help me.

She sat down and focused on her books. The bell rang out and it was time for the next teacher to come.

• • • • • • • • •

The last bell struck off and I got up heading towards the classroom where Jihye was due to detention.

I opened the door and saw her doing something on a piece of paper. The moment she saw me, her hands clasped the paper tightly.

Closing the door behind me, I took a seat at the teachers desk.

"Jihye, dear. Please come here."

I said softly and saw her shuffling around her seat be for getting up and obeying as I asked her to.

She stood in front of me and held her head down. I sighed and shut my eyes afraid that I might brake in front of her. I held my tears in.

"I know who you are, but I have no idea on what you're trying to do. It hurts me so much that I feel this helpless. Please I need you to help me. I can't take all of this headache anymore. "

I said and slowly opened my eyes once again. This time she was back to who she really was. The old woman who I saw first. She looked at me with the same expression but didn't utter a word.

"I don't know why, but I don't think you would hurt me. I am scared  of your appearance, but I don't feel like running away from you anymore. Why?"

I asked her and yet I didn't receive an answer.

I got up and stood in front of her so that we were face to face. I hoped that she could feel how pained I was.

She looked down and grabbed my palm with both of her hands, her hands cold like ice that I was trying my best to not let the freezing chill get a hold of me.

She clasped our hands and suddenly, pain struck through the back of my neck.

I closed my eyes tightly as I felt memories of various things entering my head.

• • • • • • • • • •

" I don't feel good here Mark, let's leave this place."

" You'll be my new friend."

"This is where we'll be living from now on."

"Why are you afraid princess? You invited me yourself."

"Noona you got me so worried."

"I'll always be near you."

"Sohrin, he isn't what you think he is!"

"He is a monster and he will kill you too."

"Open the door, the devil's out to play."

"I'll sorry, your friend is no more."

"I miss you so much you bitch."

"Don't worry, I'll help you forget him."

"Who's Mark?"

• • • • • • • • • •

I fell down with tears in my eyes. He, Mark. My head hurted so much.

He, he killed Mark. My brother died in the hands of that monster?
I couldn't help but shed tears. Two entire years, I spent without Mark, instead I spent it with someone else.

I looked up and she wasn't here anymore. I felt so horrible. He made me forget all about my only friend.

But I don't even know what to do, knowing how strong he is I could never fight him. I'm not even sure if all that I saw was true or not. He never hurted me, only showered me with love while I did the same.

I love you so much, please don't break my trust.

To be continued...