》Chapter 22 ➹ cuddle me

The soft light of the Moon entered my room's window. I couldn't stop staring at the sky full of stars, couldn't stop overthinking the kiss with Jev. I had been in love with him for a whole year before moving out, and if he wasn't a fallen we'd probably still be together at that point.

        I rolled over in my large bed, still not finding the right position so I could finally sleep and stop thinking. A soft knock on my door brought me back to reality, I raised an eyebrow as the clock showed it was 3am.

    《Come in..?》I said, and it almost came out like a question.

        The door quietly opened, revealing a very tired Alec. His hair was messy, and he looked like he was having trouble sleeping too. He closed the door behind him and stepped towards my bed.《Can I?》

    《Y-Yeah, sure, you okay?》I stuttered with a pounding heart.

    《No, not really》he sighed as he climbed up and layed down on the left side of my bed. I gulped and froze. What the heck was he doing??

        He slid his left arm below my head and pulled me closer to him. My stomach turned upside down in record time, my whole body shaking from head to toes.

    《I just- I don't know. I can't sleep》he whispered, his eyes steady on the ceiling.

    《So you decided to sneak ino my room in the middle of the night?》I asked in a low breath.

    《I didn't mean to wake you up, I'm sorry. It's just- you always seem to calm me down so I thought- I don't know. Maybe I should just- go》he quickly sat up, blushing.

    《Okay, first, you didn't wake me up. I can't sleep either》I assured him.

    《And-?》he pushed me to admit something, I gulped and glanced up at him.

        His sparkly eyes were now glued on me. I could feel his smell making its way to my heart, causing me to feel dizzy. It felt like I was about to faint, he was way too close. But the problem was another. We've had situations in which we've beem this close before, but, I didn't have a crush on him back then.

    《If you want me to go all you have to do is ask》he whispered, sliding back down in lying position, pulling me back against his body.

    《Uh, I-》I stuttered and grasped for air, trying to get at least my lungs to work again.

        He pulled me so close I basically had my head on his chest, I shivered. He started twirling my hair in his fingers and that's when my brain completely shut down. What was I suppose to do or say? Nothing. My brain wasn't working, and my heart kept repeating I should've done nothing, at all.

        I breathed heavily against his fine chest, sneakily sniffing him up a little. I felt like one of those teenagers crushing over some guy who was obviously oblivious about the whole situation. How could guys always be so clueless? Doing things that make us girls squeal and die, and all without even noticing?!

        Alec grabbed my left arm and wrapped it around his waist. He then blew a small kiss on my forehead and whispered《Cuddle me