Chapter 605 - Demon Guardian

After passing through the Ten Thousand Demon Mountain, the location of the source of the cold snort became even more clear to Wang Lin. After several days, an endless wasteland appeared before him.

There was countless debris covering the wasteland. The ground was covered in cracks and there was an unpleasant smell being carried by the wind.

Wang Lin’s eyes were bloodshot. The Celestial Ascension Fruit had penetrated his entire mind after being under its effect for so many days. His awareness had increased several fold and now he only needed a little stimulation to erupt.

At this moment the only thought in Wang Lin’s mind was “kill!”

He moved like a bolt of lightning, charging directly at the wasteland.

Just at this moment, a series of explosions came from the ground below Wang Lin. Following the sound, a spike made of yellow earth suddenly shot into the air toward him.

At the moment this spike appeared, countless more appeared. They were like ferocious needles that whizzed through the air. In the blink of an eye, Wang Lin was surrounded by spikes.

Wang Lin’s divine sense was very sensitive. Instead of backing up, the celestial spiritual energy inside his body formed a vortex. Under the power of the vortex, all of the spikes shattered.

A black figure suddenly jumped out from the ground and landed on one of the spikes. This person was skinny and his body was completely black. He was on all fours with his head tilted as he looked at Wang Lin and licked his lips.

Wang Lin’s eyes were bloodshot as he took a step forward and pressed down with his right thumb. The Finger of Death appeared and shot toward the skinny old man as a ray of black light.

The old man let out a grin. This grin was very dark. Facing the Finger of Death, not only did he not dodge, he suddenly opened his big mouth. At this moment, an illusion suddenly appeared behind him. This illusion was about 100 feet tall, looked like a cocoon, and there were pustules on it.

At the moment the skinny old man opened his mouth, a big mouth also appeared on the illusionary cocoon behind him. He sucked the black light of the Finger of Death into his mouth and then swallowed it.

At the moment he swallowed it, the illusionary cocoon behind him also acted like it had swallowed the Finger of Death. Its belly was bulged and its entire body began to squirm. The pustules on the cocoon burst, releasing foul-smelling liquid.

The old man’s skinny hand reached out, causing the foul liquid to condense into a ball of pus in his hand.

He stared darkly at Wang Lin and spoke for the first time. “Little kid, your spell was delicious; let me gift you one too!” With that, he threw the ball of pus in his hand toward the ground.

This ball of pus was too fast and landed on the ground in the blink of an eye. When it exploded, it released the pus and fused with the ground.

In an instant, the ground within 10,000 feet began to tremble. Shortly after, large amounts of pus came out from the ground and suddenly formed an encirclement. A thick layer of pus quickly rose up on the outer ring, creating a powerful wall.

The old man licked his lips and in a flash he disappeared into the pus. Right after he disappeared, the wall of pus suddenly began to close in from all directions.