Chapter 654 - The Hidden Danger of the Celestial Slaughter Art

It was pitch black outside, and the roar of wind could be heard from inside the crack. The crack seemed like it was a world of its own, and the roar from outside was the only sound in the world.

The endless suction force came from the pit as if it wanted to devour everything.

Wang Lin sat in the lotus position inside the crack, looking out into the darkness. He seemed to have fused with the darkness. All that was left was the occasional lightning that flashed across his eyes that light up the crack.

Being trapped here caused a sense of loneliness to gradually appear in his head. It was as if he was isolated from the world and forgotten by everyone...

The only thing that accompanied him were his memories of his 800 years of cultivation.

Lonely people always remember every single person that appeared in their life. Wang Lin’s loneliness deepened as he recalled the past.

It was if he was hiding in a certain time, recalling the past or hiding in a secret location, thinking about someone he cared about.

A mutter came from Wang Lin in the dark. “I wonder if anyone is cleaning father’s and mother’s tomb…”

A small, white ball was floating before Wang Lin. The light from the ball was very weak, so weak that it couldn’t light anything up in this darkness.

However, there was a warmth coming from the white ball. The warmth moved through Wang Lin’s eyes and into his heart. Like a soft whisper, it gently filled Wang Lin’s loneliness.

There was always a faint figure inside the small ball that silently accompanied Wang Lin. Together they withstood the darkness and the howling.

Even if the sky and heaven and earth shattered, the sea dried up, or the rocks decayed, that figure would always be there for Wang Lin through the ages. Even in reincarnation it would accompany him...

The inside of the crack was still cold; it was as if all the warmth inside had been sucked away through the opening of the crack. However, with the existence of the white ball, the warmth in Wang Lin’s heart filled his body and seemed eternal.

Wang Lin, who had fused with the darkness, raised his hand and the white ball slowly landed in his palm. The white ball flickered and gave off a gentle light. This made Wang Lin experience the long lost feeling of happiness.

“Everyone’s happiness is different… My happiness is to accompany my parents, to accompany Wan Er…” Wang Lin’s eyes were filled with bitterness. That happiness was so extravagant and difficult.

No one knew that deep within the Demon Spirit Land, inside this bottomless pit, there was a man struggling against fate and the loneliness in his heart.

Wang Lin had sat inside this crack for three years.

It wasn’t that he didn’t want to leave, but during these three years, the suction force outside reached an unimaginable degree.

More than two years ago, when Wang Lin was examining Wealth, the suction from the pit suddenly increased violently. Now more than half of the crack was effected by the suction force.

The celestial guard’s spell originally gave him sixty percent chance of leaving, but with the sudden increase in suction force, it immediately went down to twenty percent...

Wang Lin didn’t lose hope but calmly waited the next two years.

After his cultivation reached the Ascendant stage, his progression slowed down. After all, the Ascendant stage was the peak of the first step. Even with how vast the cosmos was, how many people had reached the peak of the first step….