Chapter 653 - Powerful Puppet

The refining continued. Several months later, inside the crack, Wang Lin took a deep breath and sucked in all the origin energy into his body.

It was as he if he had just devoured a cloud. After the origin energy disappeared, a lean body appeared before Wang Lin. This figure gave off a cold aura that began to spread.

This figure was extremely pale, as if there was no blood in his body. That was indeed the case as all the blood had been fused into his bones.

Wang Lin’s expression was gloomy and he let out a sigh.

“Failed again!”

It had been a few months since the first step of body refining had started, and Wang Lin had failed many times. Fortunately, the jade recorded that during the first time, no matter how much he fails, the person being refined won’t disappear.

Looking at the puppet before him, Wang Lin frowned. According to the jade, a variety of materials needed to be added during the refining process. Only after all the materials had fused with the body would the first step be complete.

“Of the four ranks of gold, silver, copper, and iron celestial guard, this is not even an iron rank celestial guard.” After pondering for a bit, Wang Lin slapped his bag of holding and a large amount of low quality magical treasures flew out.

There were treasures that Wang Lin no longer used but seemed very regrettable to just throw away.

“I don’t have any materials, but I have a lot of treasures. I believe that melting these treasures down and fusing them with the puppet will have some effect…” Wang Lin’s eyes lit up and he immediately formed a seal. A flame appeared and surrounded these treasures.

The flame burned and several of these magical treasures began to melt. Finally, almost all of the magical treasures melted, forming a black ball.

After pondering a bit, Wang Lin’s divine sense went into his bag and he searched around. Some more magical treasures immediately flew out and entered the ball. This could be considered a big cleaning for Wang Lin’s bag of holding.

A lot of treasures had gathered inside Wang Lin’s bag of holding in more than 800 years. Many of those he had only used a few times and never used again. After all, as his cultivation level increased, a lot of the treasures lost their usefulness.

All of these treasures flew out and were thrown into the ball by Wang Lin. At this moment, a blue rose suddenly appeared in Wang Lin’s hand.

Looking at the rose, a fiery red figure seemed to have appeared before Wang Lin. He hesitated before putting the rose away and throwing another treasure into the ball instead.

This process lasted for several days. The clean up of his bag of holding caused a large amount of low, medium, and even high quality magical treasures to be refined into liquid.

As a result, the ball of liquid before him became colorful and bright.

Wang Lin’s right hand grabbed the ball and threw it at the puppet. Another round of refining began.

Time passed by in the blink of an eye and two months passed. On this day the puppet gave off a yellow light that lit up the inside of the crack.

Wang Lin opened his eyes and revealed a trace of fatigue. He looked at the yellow light from the puppet and revealed a hint of disappointment.

“Strength of copper rank… Forget it, it should be barely useable.”

Although the first step of the celestial guard was complete, if the second step of grinding the origin soul fails, then everything immediately fails. After it fails, this body can’t be possessed, so he won’t be able to try to refine another origin soul.