Chapter 663 - Sun Lao

After waving his right hand, the three magical treasures glistened and landed in Wang Lin’s palm. They slowly rotated while giving off dazzling light. They were very eye-catching.

The quality of these treasures couldn’t be compared to real celestial treasures at all, not even low grade ones. However, celestial energy could be used to activate the domain and spells left on them.

Even without celestial spiritual energy, cultivators below the Soul Transformation stage could activate these treasures with their spiritual energy, but their power would be a lot weaker.

Wang Lin whispered, “Pseudo celestial treasures!”

These were the highest quality magic treasures he could make. After all, Wang Lin only had a rough understand of treasure refining. Most of his understanding came from the jade from the country of Hou Fen back on Suzaku.

Generally speaking, he couldn’t create these kinds of treasures. However, Wang Lin had his own dao and his cultivation had reached the Ascendant stage, and the most important part was his control over restrictions.

His gaze withdrew from the three treasures. He wasn’t satisfied with these treasures. After pondering for a bit, he picked up the bronze mirror and began deducing the restrictions.

“If I can give this treasure an inheritance affect, the price will definitely increase by a lot.” Wang Lin closed his eyes and continued the deductions.

Ordinary treasures only allowed the user to imprint their divine sense so they could use it freely. However, once it was stolen, the new owner would only have to erase that divine sense and it would become theirs.

Only inheritance treasures required not only a divine sense imprint but also a special method to control it. Thus, even if someone else obtained it, they wouldn’t be able to use it.

Therefore, magical treasures with inheritance were valued much higher among treasures of the same rank.

Wang Lin’s Billion-Soul Soul Flag and God Slayer War Chariot were this kind of treasure. He closed his eyes and began pondering about the secrets of inheritance. However, only grandmasters in treasure refining would have methods to refine treasures with inheritance. Those methods wouldn’t be easily spread, and those kinds of treasures were rarely refined. That was why inheritance treasures were rare.

Not long after, Wang Lin opened his eyes. He frowned and muttered, “Inheritance... I can’t see through it. Maybe I’m thinking about this problem in the wrong way. I don’t need to figure out how to make it require inheritance but simply place a restriction on it. Then I’ll sell the jade to release the restriction along with the treasure. This way, even though it doesn’t have an inheritance, it has the same effect.”

Wang Lin’s eyes lit up. The key point of this pseudo inheritance was the strength of the restriction. If the restriction was strong enough that no one could break it, then even though it didn’t have a real inheritance, it would have the same effect as a real inheritance treasure.

Restriction deductions flashed across Wang lin’s eyes. His left hand formed a seal and placed a restriction on the mirror. Then his left hand didn’t stop and he continued to place restrictions on the mirror. These restrictions combined together to form a complicated black rune.

After pondering for a bit, Wang Lin looked around the room until his eyes landed on a candle. He pointed at the candlestick with his left hand and it immediately lit up. When the smoke was about to be sucked away by the bead on the ceiling, he caught the smoke and pressed it on the rune.