Chapter 664 - Missed

The middle-aged man respectfully said, “It was a flying sword. This junior looked at it and saw that it was very ordinary. Perhaps it really did have something special about it, but I don’t believe it was strong. That kind of treasure doesn’t meet the requirements of our pavilion.”

He didn’t dare to show any disrespect to the old man. Although this old man was only at the early stage of Soul Formation, he had a very high status in the pavilion. The middle-aged man vaguely knew that this old man had once reached the mid stage of Soul Transformation, but due to his injuries, his cultivation fell to the Soul Formation stage.

The old man looked at Wang Lin’s gradually disappearing figure. There was a hint of doubt in his eyes, but soon he shook his head and walked back into the Whole Treasure Pavilion.

“That person is somewhat familiar…” The old man appeared to be extremely tired. After he returned to the building, he sat down on a rocking chair in the corner. He bitterly touched his chest before letting out a sigh and silently staring at the ground.

Wang Lin left the Whole Treasure Pavilion and walked toward the elegant Green Bamboo Pavilion. Although this pavilion wasn’t large, it had a sense of elegance. Upon stepping inside, Wang Lin looked around and saw wooden shelves lining the walls. There was a small box on each shelf, and the inside of each box was lined in yellow silk. All kinds of magical treasures, pills, and other things were placed in them.

There was a young scholar sitting inside the pavilion. He had an ancient book in his hand, and he seemed to be reading with great interest. When the youth noticed Wang Lin entering, he put down the book, got up, and smiled. “Although our shop isn’t large, we have quite a collection of goods. I wonder what friend needs.”

This person’s cultivation was only at the early stage of Nascent Soul. When he saw Wang Lin, he didn’t show the arrogance the person from the Whole Treasure Pavilion showed. Instead, he had an easy and enthusiastic greeting.

Wang Lin faintly smiled. He slapped his bag of holding and the flying sword came out. He asked, “Would fellow cultivator accept his sword?”

When the young man looked at the sword, his eyebrows slightly wrinkled and he revealed a wry smile. “Fellow cultivator, this sword... Forget it can you let me examine the sword?”

The youth’s attitude was extremely easygoing. Wang Lin smiled and pushed with this right hand. The flying sword gently flew toward the youth. The youth scanned it with his divine sense and said, “This sword is extremely ordinary. I’m afraid…Eh!!”

The youth only spoke half a sentence when his eyes suddenly opened wide. He stared at the ordinary-looking flying sword with eyes filled with shock.

He suddenly raised his head to look a Wang Lin and quickly said, “Fellow cultivator, the spell inside the flying sword…”

Wang Lin smiled. “You’ll know when you try it!”

The youth took a deep breath and suppressed the shock in his heart. He had checked the inside of the flying sword with his divine sense and found a spell inside it. He couldn’t see through this spell, but the pressure it gave off made his nascent soul tremble.

He cycled the spiritual energy in his body and injected it into the flying sword. The moment the spiritual energy touched the spell inside the sword, a powerful sword energy immediately burst forth. At the same time, the youth felt like he had become one with water.

His eyes revealed a pleasant surprise. Although the spell on the sword hadn’t been activated yet, just the spiritual energy integration already classified it as a mid quality magical treasure.