Chapter 2

"Are you okay?" He asked again, making (Y/n) come back to the real world.  She wiped away the  tears from her face; "Sorry. Yes, I'm fine." She replied, a little flustered. 

"Are you sure? Because you don't look it." He gave a small smile in reply. The type of smile that made (Y/n)'s stomach flip in excitement but she didn't want to lie anymore, "No. No, I'm not." She said, starting to get up. "Here. Let me help you." He offered, allowing (Y/n) to take his arm as she got up and placed her bag back on her shoulder. They began to walk together. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. 

"I don't want to bother you." She said honestly but deep down, she didn't want him to leave. 

"Think about it. If I'd have thought that you'd bother me, would I have really come over to see if you were okay?" He asked, making (Y/n) stop and think. 

"No. I guess not." She let out a small smile. 

"So, go on. Talk." He nudged her arm slightly.

"Ever since my dad died, I've left lost and scared because I've realised that this is how my life is always going to be like. Me. Here. Stuck, like this, forever. Not doing anything worthwhile at all."

There was a pause between the two of them. "Firstly." He said, "I know what you mean. I felt exactly the same when my dad died." 

"You did?" 

"For sure. Do you mind me asking how long it's been?"

"Nearly a year." 

He nodded. "The first year is always the hardest but I promise you it gets easier."

There was another awkward pause. "How long ago did your father die?" 

"12 years ago." He answered, looking towards a older woman who was placing flowers on a grave in the distance. 

"Wow. You were really young then?"

"I was 10." He said. "Can you promise me something?" He asked, stopping, meaning that (Y/n) stopped too. 

"Okay." She said. 

"Please don't ever feel like you are not going to do anything with your life because you will. I know you will." He looked back over to the woman who was placing flowers on the grave. She was walking towards the two of them. (Y/n) couldn't help but smile at her shoes. 

"Do you come down here often?" He asked, smiling.

"Every Sunday." She smiled. 

"Well, I'll probably see you next Sunday -" He held out his arm as the two of them realised that they had not exchanged names. "(Y/n)." She said. 

"What a beautiful name." He said, nudging her arm once more before slowly walking away. 

"Wait!" (Y/n) shouted after him. "I don't know your name." He turned around, a wide smile still spread across his face. "Billie. My name's Billie Joe." He said, before walking away, meeting the older woman.