Chapter 23

"(Y/n)!" Billie said as she walked down the stairs. She entered the room that Billie Joe was sat in. "What's up?" She asked. He looked at her, his eyes in front of his eyes slightly. 

"Can I play you a song?" He asked, nervously. 

"Of course." (Y/n) smiled. "Is this one of your new songs?" She asked, sitting beside him and moving the hair from his eyes. He nodded and smiled at her, grasping the guitar tightly. "What's it about?" (Y/n) asked as Billie positioned the guitar properly and grabbed a plectrum. "You. Us. The first time we met. When we get married. "  As Billie spoke, she reflected back on the time that they first met. "I can't wait to hear it." (Y/n) bit her lip and Billie began playing. 

"Today is the first day of the rest of our lives. Tomorrow is too late to pretend everything's all right. I'm not getting any younger as long as you don't get any older. I'm not going to state that yesterday never was..."  

(Y/n)'s eyes were fixed on Billie as he sang. 

"If I promise to go to church on Sunday, will you go with me on Friday night? If you live with me, I'll die for you and this compromise."

The smile on Billie's face widened.

"I hereby solemnly swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth is what I'll ever hear from you. "Trust" is a dirty word that comes only from such a liar but "respect" is something I will earn if you have faith..."

(Y/N) was infatuated with the song. When Billie had finished he placed his guitar down on the floor and (Y/n) kissed him. "That was amazing. I loved it." She smiled as he kissed her back. 

"I can't wait to marry you baby." He said. "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me." He stated. 

"I can't wait either."  She replied as her arms were wrapped around her neck. "I still can't quite believe that this is happening." (Y/n) admitted. She felt Billie smile as his head rested on top of hers. "Me neither." (Y/n) smiled as she thought about how happy she was but felt saddened when she realised that her father wasn't going to be there to see her wedding day. "My father would have loved you, you know that?" She told Billie.

"I'm sure I would have loved him." Billie smiled. "My dad would have been crazy for you." (Y/n) laughed. After a few moments, Billie said; "They'll be there with us, on the wedding day. We won't see them but they'll be there."

"I hope so." (Y/n) stated as Billie kissed her once more.