Chapter 33

Positive. That's what the pregnancy test that lay in (Y/n)'s hands read. Positive. It had finally happened. (Y/n) and Billie were about to get the family that they dreamed about. (Y/n) jumped up from the toilet seat lid and threw the bathroom door open, she was still gripping the pregnancy test in one hand. "Billie?" She called, longing to tell him the good news. "Billie?" She called again before he appeared at the bottom of the stairs. "Yes my love." He replied, smiling. "Is everything okay?" He asked as (Y/n) ran down the stairs and into his arms. She was wearing one of his old t-shirts that she liked to sleep in. He embraced her in his arms as she sobbed. "What's the matter babe?" He asked, worried but she shook her head. 

"Nothing is the matter baby." She smiled, handing him the pregnancy test. He took it off and studied it for a few moments before a large smile appeared on his face. "You're pregnant?" He asked, struggling to contain his excitement as (Y/n) nodded. He lifted her up and spun her round. "That's amazing babe!" He cried. "I'm so happy. You're going to be a wonderful mother."

"And you a wonderful father." She told him before he kissed her long and hard.

(Y/n) opened her eyes, startled as the timer on her phone went off. She was sat on of the lid of the toilet seat and continued to listen to the timer as it screeched. She stood up and turned it off, next to her phone was the pregnancy test that she hadn't long taken. It was face down on the counter. "Please." (Y/n) whispered to herself as she placed a hand on her stomach. "Please be pregnant." Trying to steady her shaky hand, (Y/n) picked up the test, took a deep breath before turning it over, she stared at it for a few moment before placing it in her toiletry bag with all of the others. Like those ones, this one was negative. "Fuck' sake." (Y/n) said as she looked in the full length mirror. She didn't recognise that person that was staring back at her. This person looked pale, tired, and above all, fed up. All of the signs that she was pregnant were there but all of the tests that she took were telling her that she wasn't. All she wanted to do was have a baby with Billie. They knew that it would be hard but they didn't think that it would be this hard. 

(Y/n) started to cry but told herself that she was being silly, that these things can take a while for some women and that she was probably just one of them. The fact that she couldn't get pregnant yet didn't mean that she would never be able to. She hadn't really spoken to Billie about it yet, she didn't want him to know that it was worrying her. She knew that he would tell her the same as she was telling herself. "These things take time." 

Without thinking, (Y/n) thought to call up the only person that she knew would be available right now. Her mum. She picked up her phone and hesitantly dialled her number. When she heard her mum's voice, she seemed to calm down slightly. "Mum?" (Y/n) asked, her voice still a little shaky. "Are you free today? I was thinking that you could come here for lunch." She bit her lip in the hope that her mum would say yes to lunch and she did. "Everything is fine." (Y/n) lied. "It's just that Billie's in the studio all day and I could use some company, and I thought maybe you could too." She said. 

"I'll see you later." (Y/m/n) said on the end of the phone before (Y/n) hung up. She was ready to bombard her mother with questions about pregnancy and, more specifically, why she couldn't get pregnant.