Chapter 6

(Y/n) closed her front door, smiling to herself. She looked up to see her mother stood there with her arms folded, smiling at her. (Y/n) replaced the wide smile with a smaller one. However, her mother only stood there and smiled more.

"What?" (Y/n) said, hanging her jacket and bag up at the door. 

"You know what." She smiled. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked hopefully. 

"There's nothing to talk about."She said,grinning and walking past her mother, to the kitchen, where she grabbed the drink that she was desperate for.

"Oh really. There's nothing to talk about? So, you don't want to discuss the fact that you and that handsome boy that you were talking to at church, have just made out?"

"We didn't make out." She said, defensively. "We just kissed."

"Did I see a little bit of tongue?" 

"Mother! Gross!" (Y/n) laughed. "Did you know that Tré's back in Oakland?"  She said, wanting to change the subject before her mother called up everyone they knew to tell them that (Y/N) had kissed someone. Literally - Her mother had down this in the past.

"Really! How do you know?" She asked, excitedly. 

"He's the drummer for Green Day, which is Billie's band."

"Billie. So this mysterious guy, finally has a name."

"You're missing the big picture." (Y/n) stated. "Tré is back!" (Y/n)'s phone vibrated in her pocket, she pulled it out and smiled. It was Billie. 'Hey' 

"God. You're so in love." Her mother laughed before walking away to have a bath. 

'Hey' She typed back, going to sit in the living room.

Billie was sat outside of his house when he text her. He smiled as she replied back. He got up and headed inside, where Ollie was sat. "Hey. You okay?" She asked as he smiled at her. 

"I'm more than okay." He said. "I kissed her." Ollie got up and started clapping. 

"Are you two dating now?" She asked, hopefully. 

"No." He admitted "But I'm going to ask her." He smiled, still at his phone. 

"When?" 

"When I take her out for dinner." He said, typing a message on his phone to (Y/n) but deleting it, deciding to call her. He pressed call and placed the phone to his ear, his phone stood next to him, awaiting her to answer. 

"Hello stranger." She answered. 

"Well, Hello." 

"We haven't spoken in so long." She laughed. 

"Funny." He said, actually laughing.  "Listen, I was wondering if-" He took a pause, walking away from his mother as she was being too nosy for his liking and headed into his room. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out for dinner?"

"Really?" She asked. "I'd love too." He could practically hear her smile. 

"Great. How's Saturday for you?"

"Saturday's perfect." She replied. 

"So, I'll pick you up at yours at around 6 and maybe we'll go for a drink before,  so I'll book the table for Seven thirty?"

"Yeah. I can't wait."

"Me neither." He smiled as Ollie came into his room, curious as to whether (Y/n) had said yes, so Billie held up his thumbs and Ollie smiled, dancing a little before heading out of the door, leaving Billie and (Y/n) to talk. They talk for the rest of the night.