Chapter 3

It had been a full week since (Y/n) had met Billie at the church and this morning, she had woken up a little bit earlier this morning, in hope that she'd see again today. There was something about him that made her feel like she had never felt about anyone before. She got dressed and headed downstairs, where her mother was sat at the breakfast table."You're up early this morning." She smiled as (Y/n) sat down across from her. 

"I just want to be at the church early this morning." She smiled. 

"Any reason in particular?" Her mother asked. She had been so close to her mother her entire life, that her mother knew when (Y/n) had met someone. 

"No reason." (Y/n) smiled, taking a sip of her drink as her mother smiled back at her before quickly changing the conversation. 

"(Y/n). There's something I need to talk to you about." (Y/n) looked up concerned. 

"Is everything alright?" (Y/n) asked, worried about her mother as she always has, especially since her father died. 

"Yeah, I'm just think that, it's nearly been a year and I can't live with you forever. After all you did buy this house with the intention of living in it on your own and having some independence." She said, pausing by sipping at her orange juice. 

"Mom, you know that you can stay with me as long as you like." (Y/n) stated , reaching across the table to take her mother's hand. "No. I think it's time that I moved back. I can't keep using your father's death as an excuse anymore."

"If you're sure." She replied, her mother nodding. The pair of them finished their breakfast and headed off down to the church, this time taking (Y/n)'s car because it looked like it was going to rain. They arrived quicker than they would have if they'd have walked. However, upon arrival (Y/N) was disappointed that there was no sign of Billie yet. Her and her mother headed towards the gravestone, when (Y/n) heard a familiar voice behind her. "So we meet again." Both (Y/n) and her mother turned around to see Billie smiling, accompanied by an older woman. "I'll meet you back here." Her mother said, leaving her with Billie and the older woman as she headed to the gravestone. 

"It appears we do." (Y/n) smiled at him. 

"So." The mother next to him said. "This must be the girl you were talking about." She said, smiling at (Y/n). "You're right Billie, she is beautiful." 

"Mother!" Billie said, blushing slightly, making you smile. 

"Sorry. I'll give you two a minute." Billie's mother wandered off, laughing at Billie. 

"Sorry about that." Billie said.

"No. It's cute. "You told your mother about me."

"No." He said, but (Y/n) looked at him disbelievingly. "Maybe a little." He laughed. Before a pause and then he continued; "So, how have you been?" He asked. 

"I've been okay, I thought about what you said."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You're right. I might now see it now but something good will happen to me." He nudged her arm, playfully as he did when they first met each other. "That's great." He smiled. "It will happen. I believe it. I can see it and you are going to make someone very happy one day." He blushed again. 

"Do you really think so?" 

"Yeah, I do." She smiled, biting her lip, before looking up to see her mother.

"Well, I'd better get going. Maybe we'll meet unexpectedly again next week?" She smiled hopefully. 

"I hope we will." He smiled as his mother tapped him on the shoulder. 

"You ready Mom?" She asked, her mother nodding. (Y/n) turned back to Billie. "Bye." He smiled but looked a  little gutted that she was going. "Bye (Y/n)." He replied as (Y/n) headed off with her mother. She heard Billie and his mother muttering to one another behind them. 

"Wait! (Y/n)!" She turned around as Billie ran towards her, his mother smiling behind him. 

"Yeah?"

"Give me you phone?"

"Okay?" She said, confused as he gave her his phone. 

"Here's my number." He said typing it in as she typed in her number. They exchanged phones again.  "I really want to see you again." He said, honestly. 

"So do I." (Y/n) smiled. 

"I'll text you?" Billie asked, and (Y/n) replied with a nod. Billie grabbed her arm and kissed her on the cheek, before the two of them walked in their separate directions. (Y/n) got into her car, her mother smiling up at her. "(Y/n). You need to marry him." 

"What!" (Y/n) started laughing. 

"(Y/n). You've known him for barley ten minutes and this is the happiest I've ever seen you in your 22 years of life." The worst part is - she was right and they both knew it.