Chapter 41

The crowd cheered as the video montage of Billie, Mike and Tré ended and Fall Out Boy came onto the stage. Billie gripped hold of (Y/n)'s hand as she sat next to him. Patrick Stump was the first to speak. He told the story of the first time that he listened to Green Day and how blown away he was by what he heard. The whole room agreed. Billie smiled next to her as Patrick said "The way a silhouette of him playing guitar would be as recognisable to any punk rock kid as Michael Jordan's mid air dunk would be to sports fans." The whole crowd cheered and everyone that was sat at the table, looked at Billie. He went red slightly before looking at (Y/n) and kissing her hand. He was beginning to shake with nervousness now but reassured him that it was okay as she leaned in and whispered. "I love you."

"Mike Dirnt." Patrick continued as the whole room erupted in cheers once more. "When you turned on the radio, you knew who was playing!" Finally, Patrick turned to Tré. "Tré Cool." He said, simply. "You have a drummer named Tré fucking Cool. That's amazing!"  The whole room, once, again erupted in cheers and laughter as Tré nodded, proud of himself for having such an original and unique stage name.

That's when Pete Wentz came onto the stage and spoke before finally he said: "It is our great honour to induct Green Day into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame." The whole room stood up and applauded them as Billie placed a long and hard kiss on (Y/n)'s lips. "I love you so much baby." He told her. "Thank you for everything." 

"I love you too babe." (Y/n) replied. "You've got this!" She tried to reassure him. He smiled at her before hugging Ollie and following the guys up on stage. The guys greeted each member of Fall Out Boy as they were given their awards. Tré was the first to speak. "Well, thank you Fall Out Boy!" He smiled, trying to straighten out a piece of paper in front of him but his hand was shaking. "That fucking me made me tear up a few times." He laughed before reading aloud his speech, thanking everyone that had been there for him. "(Y/n)." He looked at her. "You're like my sister and I love ya." He smiled. "Still think it's strange that you picked Billie over me, 'cause it's never happened before, but hey." He pretended to look annoyed at Billie as (Y/n) laughed along with Billie and everyone else. Ollie looked at (Y/n) embarrassed and apologised on Tré's behalf but this only made (Y/n) laugh more. He went on to thank Billie and Mike for letting him be a part of the band and for putting up with him before finally thanking the fans.

Next up was Mike. He thanked Ollie for letting him live with her and Billie as a kid, he thanked his Mom for him first guitar. He reminisced about the first time that he met Billie and Tré, stating that if he could go back, he wouldn't change anything and that he was so grateful to have been a part of this crazy journey. The whole time, Billie looked nervous he stood behind him. 

Next it was Billie. You applauded him to give him some encouragement. He approached the microphone with caution, took a deep breathe and began to speak. 

"I didn't prepare anything because I didn't know how to, so I'm just going to make it up as I go along." He admitted, running his hand through his hair. "Firstly, I have to thank my beautiful wife, (Y/n)." He smiled, pointing at her and the whole room cheered which took her by surprise. "(Y/n), you are the love of my life. You're my rock and you make my life, not to mention the world, a better place. You have been with me the whole way, and you've seen my through everything; good and bad and I love you so much." He stopped, taking a breath as he teared up. (Y/n) wiped her eyes and Ollie placed a hand on her leg to comfort her. "You have given me a family, a beautiful child, Christ you've just given birth and here you are with me tonight, and I-I-I can't wait for the upcoming adventures that I'm going to get to share with you baby. The words 'I love you' just don't seem enough. (Y/M/n), my mother-in-law, thank you for baby sitting tonight and for letting me marry your daughter, she's the best thing that's ever happened to me." He looked down at the award in front of him, before looking back up. "My mother, Ollie. Thank you for being the best. I know that it wasn't always easy but you supported me through everything, even dropping out of high school and that makes you the coolest Mom ever! To the fans for listening to our music, we are so grateful to you!" The room cheered again. 

"Finally, Mike and Tré, my musical soulmates. You're my best friends and I certainly wouldn't be here without you." Together, in unison they all held up their awards, before they walked off stage and came back holding guitars, and Tré holding his drumsticks. Billie straightened out the microphone to a position that suited him before strumming his guitar to a familiar tune that sent everyone in the room crazy. 

"Well I heard you crying loud. All the way across town. You've been searching for that someone and it's me out on the prowl, 'cause you sit around feeling sorry for yourself." 

Everyone in the room sang along to the lyrics as Billie sang. (Y/n) watched from the sidelines smiling at her husband, she was so proud of him. 

"So go do what you like, make sure you do it wise. You may find out that your self-doubt means nothing was ever there. You can't go forcing something if it's just not right." He strummed the guitar and looked around at the crowd. "No time to search the world around. 'Cause you know where I'll be found. When I come around!" 

The crowd screamed the words 'When I come around' back at Billie making him, Mike, and Tré smile at the crowd then back at each other. That is what they had longed for. A room full of thousands of people, screaming their lyrics back at them. The song ended and people cheered as they set themselves up again but this time, it was Billie on the stage, all on his own. He looked at (Y/n) and smiled before saying. "(Y/n), my love, this is for you." (Y/n) placed her hands on her chest as he began strumming the guitar. 

"Words get trapped in my mind, sorry if I don't take the time, to feel the way I do. 'Cause, the first day you came into my life, my time ticks around you but then I need your voice, as a key to unlock all the love that's trapped in me. So tell me when it's time, to say 'I love you'." 

Ollie held onto (Y/n)'s hand and leaned in to speak to (Y/n). "You saved my son and for that I am eternally grateful." She smiled, kissing (Y/n)'s cheek. "I've never seen him so happy in all of his life than when he's with you. He loves you." She stopped. "I love you." 

"I love you too, Ollie." They both turned their attention back to the stage. 

"All I want is you to understand, that when I take your hand, it's 'cause I want to. We are all born in a world of doubt, but there's no doubt, I figured out 'I love you'." He winked at you. "I feel lonely for, all the losers that will never take the time to say, what is really on their minds instead, they just hide away. Yet they'll never have someone like you to guide them and help along the way. Or tell them when it's time, to say 'I love you'." 

A tear rolled down (Y/n)'s face. In this moment, she knew that this is where she was meant to be and that it was Billie she was supposed to be with. She wouldn't have anything any other way. It was Billie that she loved, and Billie that she'll always love. This man was the father of her child, or hopefully, her children. He was perfect and he was hers. 

"So tell me when it's time....to say 'I love you'."