Chapter 1

(Y/n) closed the front door of her house behind her and headed down the street towards the church, where the cemetery stood behind it. She placed in her earphones, wanting to ignore the rest of the world and placed her phone in the pocket of her jeans. She had made this journey every Sunday, usually with her mother but today her mother had to go into work; as well as run some errands. The two of them had made this journey every Sunday since her dad passed away last year. It was an unexpected death and (Y/n) didn't like to talk about it much, which was understandable. (Y/n) couldn't deny that she'd always been closer with her mother but that didn't mean that she didn't love her father too, because she did. 

(Y/n) arrived at the gates of the church, from where she was stood, she could hear the songs of the choir inside. It was Sunday of course, so everyone would be in there for the Sunday Service. (Y/n), however, refused to be a part of any of it. Not that she didn't believe in God; to be honest, she didn't know what to believe anymore, but part of her believes that she lost her belief in a good God when her father was taken away from her. She walked past the church, the voices form inside echoing throughout the churchyard.

She walked pass a number of gravestones, reading each one of them along the way, as she always did when she visited her father. Subconsciously, she turned down the path and looked at the rows and rows of gravestones as she continued down the path before locating and heading towards her father's. She had taken this route so many times that she could walk it blindfolded.  She keeled down beside it. 

"Hey dad." She said, with a small smile; "Mom couldn't be here today." She stopped, taking a deep breathe. "Things haven't really changed here, if I'm honest, it feels like we're all stuck. Stuck in the same dead end job or stuck with the same dead end life." She wiped away the tear that was rolling down the of her cheek. "and I'm scared that I'm going to be stuck like this forever." She said, before sobbing. 

"I know it's pathetic but --" She stopped once more. "God. I really miss you." She cried, not being able to say anymore. She was started to cry so much that she didn't notice a man standing behind her. "Are you okay?" He asked eventually, making (Y/n) turn around in surprise, mascara running down her face as she looked up at the incredibly handsome man that was standing before her. She was so shocked by his handsomeness that she could not find the words to answer his question.