Halloween Prep

Keith
7 days later

"HALLOWEEN IS TOMORROW CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!" Lance screamed through the phone.

We were currently face timing since he couldn't hang out.

"Yeah. But you don't have to scream. Shiro's asleep and I don't want to wake him up." I said.

"Why is he asleep? It's like, 4:30 in the afternoon." He asked.

"Long day. I guess practice was a lot. You should know, you're on the team." I said. Lance shook his head.

"Had to work today." He said.

"Flower shop or makeup store?" I asked.

"Actually I got a new job that pays more. Say goodbye to the free flowers." He said.

"What's the new job?" I asked. Without hesitating, he responded with,

"Stripper."

We both died in laughter.

I heard a knock at my door.

"Keith? You okay in there?" Shiro asked from the other side of my door.

"Shit, I woke up Shiro. I got to go." I whispered.

"Love you, Keef."

I hung up. Shiro walked in.

"Hey. Heard a lot of noise, you ok in here." He said.

"Oh. I was just watching one of those stupid meme videos Lance always sends to the group chat." I lied. Shiro looked at me confused.

"You mean vines?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. That." I said.

"I'm surprised you even watch anything Lance sends. You two are like rivals." Shiro said.

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

"You two are always bickering and competing about 'who did better at what project' or 'who can play what sports better'," Shiro said.

"Yeah, I guess your right," I said.

"I'm going to help Allura with the decorations, I know you're not one for Halloween but do you want to come?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I have stuff I need to do today," I said.

"Ok." He said, "You know where I'll be. I'll see you later I guess."

I nodded and he left. I decided to get ready as well. I really did have a place I needed to be today.

I called Lance on my way to his house.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I'm on my way to your house. Are you still doing this?" I asked.

"Yeah. I said I would." He said, "Wait are you on your bike right now!?"

"I'm using headphones and I'm at a stoplight," I said.

"Please don't ever call me when your driving." He said, slightly panicked.

My mind went back to when he told me about his sister. How she died in a car crash.

"I'm sorry Lance. I'll be there in just a second." I said.