35. Sprawl

Jin came outside of hospital room after having a serious talk with Mr. kim. He felt quite nice after thanking him and apologizing to him.

"Baby i think I should stay here with dad. He still needs care and mom can't do that alone"

"I will stay too!"

"No baby its alright. Your parents agreed after so long. What if they get upset and changed their minds? You go and meet them. I will meet them next time, hm?"

Jin nodded. He knew Nj was right because he himself wasn't believing the fact that his parents, mainly his father, agreed to accept his relationship with an another man. He bid goodbyes to the Kims and went to his own house.

He was sitting for dinner nervously as their parents were also eating. There was awkward silence before Jin spoke up. "Appa, is it true that you are ready to accept me as who I am? Ready to accept my preference?" He asked with a concern.

Jin knew this was gonna make his father uncomfortable but he wanted to confirm. He wanted to hear it from his father. His father cleared his throat as he put his specs down on table. He folded his hands together. "Seokjin. I knew you were always different than ordinary boy. I tried to force things on you, which you hated or are scared of. I am sorry son. I finally understand that all boys can't be same"

Jin was having tears of happiness in his eyes. He couldn't believe this. Was it real? His father always scolded him for not being tough and strong as other boys. But now finally is he accepting him without any obligations?

"Thank you so much Appa! This means so much to me!" He almost jumped in happiness. "Yeah. If you like men. I am fine with it. I am ready to accept. We are modern society after all."

Jin smiled at his omma who was silently drinking her soup. "We have even found a perfect guy for you! You two will get married at end of this year!" His father announced and his happiness shattered into million pieces.

"But appa...I have already someone I love.."

"Son..we are already allowing you for one thing...please don't expect more from us...we are still new to this concept...but son of Heo industries is perfect for you...we are gonna be partners anyway-"

"So thats what it is!" Jin stood up with anger. "You have found a business deal, haven't you? That's why suddenly all rules of yours changed!! Suddenly you are ready to accept that I am gay!"

"Seokjin...we don't speak like this..." His mom said. Jin chuckled sarcastically. "For one minute I even believed you!! I thought you finally understand me. But its all for business after all. How much gain are you getting? How much did you raise for your own son? What is my price?"

His father looked down angrily. His fists clinched. "Jinah...dont speak like that with your own appa...you know we both care for you...Mr. Heo has a son who can take care of you.."

"I don't need anyone to take care of me!!" Jin shouted.

"Stop pretending son! We all know you do. You can't take harsh decisions. You can't be tough with anybody. You are too much sensitive for a boy. This is for your own good. This is not about business deal. If you get marry with a person you are gonna work with...it will be easy to hide your relationship"

"So you are still ashamed of me! You are gonna hide us. Is that Mr. Heo ready for this bullshit?"

"He is very calculated person. The one like we need to look after Kimsha. He will help you and protect you. I never got a son which I always wanted. At least let me have son in law like me.!"

Jin couldn't held his tears anymore. He hated how they started flowing on his cheeks. Showing his soft side. "See. No other man will be crying in this situation!"