Leaping hearts

~Chapter 19~

The potion test was harder than Harry has anticipated and to his greatest disappointment Snape also marked them right in class. He was never one to praise any of them or humiliate but apparently that had to change today.

"Mr. Tomlinson I'd highly appreciate if you'd stay after class with Mr. Styles."

"Why?" He whined loudly, resembling a kid throwing a tantrum. "Because I asked you Mr. Tomlinson." After some more tender groans he appeared to let it go, whilst Harry kept wondering about the options on why.

"So thank you for sticking around Louis I know you probably have better things to do but you're my best student and have a true talent for potions." Harry was still as clueless as ever while the tiny lad started to passionately disagree clearly understanding what's going on.

"No, no way in hell. You cannot do this to me. Come on Severus." Harry's jaw dropped permanently. He knew that the two of them got on really well but he wasn't aware that they were on a first name basis.

"You'll do it because I asked you." Tomlinson sulked further to himself while Snape averted his attention. "As for you Mr. Styles you'll do your best to learn from these special classes you'll receive." Harry understood right away that first the pair thought that they were obvious enough that he should have figured this out as well and second that meant more tutoring with the tiny lad.

As much as he seemed unpleasant and annoying about this that's how excited Harry was getting. He tried to conceal it though and simply nodded. "Can I leave now?"

Snape nodded and both of them walked out. Harry caught up to the feathery-haired boy and wrapped his huge hand around his forearm.

"So can we meet up tonight?"

"All I wanted was to stay away from you, how am I failing so badly?" Harry simply shrugged and let go of him. "Same time same place, I'll be waiting."

He basically skipped into the Great Hall, diving right into his lunch. "What did he want?"

"Oh I'll have to go to tutoring." Ron scoffed, certainly finding the idea painful while Hermione looked offended. "Why wouldn't he ask me?" At first Harry thought she was kidding but he needed to realise that she was actually affronted.

"He said that Tomlinson is his best student." The curly-haired lad shrugged it off while Hermione looked crossed, throwing nasty glares towards the Slytherin table and appeared to start reading but Harry has never seen someone so violent about studying.

For the rest of the day he kept thinking about anything that could possibly make him happy. By the time supper rolled around he still had nothing. He caught himself staring at Tomlinson again, truly shocking himself when Dean asked him why he was smiling.

"What?" He was a little disoriented, hoping that no one saw that his eyes were glued to the tiny lad. He just looked so beautiful. He didn't even know that boys can be pretty until he met Tomlinson but he plainly was. Goyle was telling him something and it must have been funny as the short lad was laughing, a real chuckle that reminded him of the giggle from two days ago.

"I asked why are you smiling and staring goofily into nothing?"

He wasn't able to answer as his mind was raided by very different thoughts. Would this work? What if he imagines Tomlinson smiling? But if it would help him cast a charm what would that mean?

He pushed the ideas aside, it probably wouldn't but he could always try. And if for whatever reason it would work he can worry about everything afterwards.