Invisible year

~Chapter 25~

"So care to explain?" Harry was really not in any shape or form up for Louis arguing with him as well. He wasn't even able to look him in the eyes without getting the urge to push him up against any flat surface and...shaking his head he tried to drop these thoughts as well but the images of The mirror of Erised were so vivid in his mind, not leaving him to have peace since that night.

And now the subject of his deepest, most well-kept desire-even from himself-was standing right here probably sporting a disappointed look. Not like Harry mastered up the courage to look just yet.

"I didn't do it." It was way louder and ruder than he originally intended it to be but Louis simply put a hand over his mouth. "Shh we're in the library you moron. Also I believe that but you still owe me clarification for everything that happened today."

"I genuinely have no idea... wait, you believe me?" For the first time in what felt like forever their eyes locked and Harry felt his stomach erupt with butterflies all keen on getting out and making him feel funny his skin ablaze as Louis' palm lingered on his jaw whilst the other hand pressed down on his shoulder almost grounding him there, stopping Harry to float away.

"Of course, you're a git but not a liar and also we talked about this being our invisible year remember?"

The taller lad had no clue what came over him but suddenly he grabbed the feathery-haired boy and pulled him into a tight embrace. He felt his muscles tense against his own body but Louis relaxed into it and clearly being a true friend he hugged him back even though both knew that it wasn't in his comfort-zone. Since the mirror incident it also seemed to be out of Harry's, his heart thumping as if wanting to jump out.

"Thank you so much." He felt those dainty hands running up and down his back, gently soothing him from his frenzy. Though the effect was not so soothing, instead of a calming heart it tightened even more, his breathing growing laboured as well from the close proximity.

Louis smelt so amazing, oddly familiar which he wasn't fully able to understand. His small hands slipped up his neck and into his curls making the curly-haired lad forget what they were even doing and technically purr under the attention.

His mind blanked forgetting everything and an almost nauseating feeling came over him as he felt limp, his muscles relaxing by the attention but also burn all over as if desperation was running throughout him by his own blood vessels, making him feel it everywhere.

Unfortunately way sooner than he wanted Louis pushed him away but still stood pretty close to Harry. "So what have happened?"

"Okay I truly mean when I say that I have no idea about any of this. I didn't put my name in Louis, I promise I didn't..."

"I believe you, but what was that whole thing in the morning?"

"I wasn't talking about the tournament it was just a random thought and I don't know, I just guess that I've been having a harder time with everything, like no one ever gets me anymore but you and my friends just pissed me of so much. I'm sorry okay? I know I acted strange and all but that had nothing to do with this."

"Why is Dumbledore letting you compete?"

"It's not his choice, the stupid goblet had my name somehow and after you've been selected you have to take part. I wish I wouldn't, I think I'm going to die actually, why would anyone think that I'd do that to myself? Why would I want eternal glory when all I ever work on is blend in?"

"It's all going to be okay, you'll do everything just fine and everyone will realise that you would have been insane to do this yourself. They'll all forget it."

_____

"Isn't it bizarre?" Louis raised his gaze from their intertwined hands, both sitting on the floor leaning back against a shelf.

"How you're the only one who believes me, I mean."

"Hm, I guess I didn't foresee this one either." They both chuckled wryly, not truly finding it funny. "Haz this will all just subside you just have to wait and see."

Harry smiled some more holding his dainty hand tighter, never wanting to let go. He felt overwhelmed about needing to figure out his feelings and now he cannot even focus on Louis but needs to try and stay alive in some crazy wizarding competition.

"We should go to bed soon." Harry nodded and even though he didn't want to, he got up pulling the tiny lad with him too. Also harder than it should have been he let Louis take his hand out of his own one. Did he feel what Harry did? Was it tough for him as well?

"I'll walk you to the dungeons." Louis nodded with a small smile and Harry grabbed his cloak, draping it over himself. He stepped fully against Louis' back, his front pressing into his body and handed over the front of the material.

Usually he keeps a little distance between themselves but they're getting big, especially Harry so he needed to make sure they're both under the cover fully. That was his reasonable explanation, as sensible as that was with them literally just walking here a few hours ago completely fine without him breathing down Louis' neck. It was still good enough for him and the tiny lad said nothing to Harry clinging onto his waist for no goddamn reason.

It was almost a feeling that Harry would think you were to experience when you get addicted to something. His heart was all over the place but that still did not manage to convince a very unreasonable part of Harry's brain that stubbornly wanted to eliminate absolutely any distance between the two of them.

They reached the common room's entrance a lot sooner than Harry would have wanted, liking to be so close to the feathery-haired boy. All good things must come to an end though so Louis folded himself away and slipped out from under the cloak.

"Okay seeing that you're miserable I'll listen to one of your jokes, just one." Harry felt his heart do a summersault in his chest, by how precious that was and Louis just looked amazing under the dim lights that brightened the hall, coming in through the window.

"Why couldn't the bike stand up by itself?" Louis was beaming at him way too fond for his own good, even though he tried to look bored. "Why?"

"Cause it was two tired." He cracked up on his own joke, feeling strange, like he didn't laugh in forever.

Watching Louis giggle along was probably the only reason he felt decent about any of this. So starting to head back to his own room he felt quite invincible.

That didn't last long but it was nice while it was there. He entered his room still smiling on their goodbye.

___

"No cats this time?"

"I wanted to spice it up." Louis chuckled some more and shoved on his chest to make him move. "Oh and Styles." Harry turned back still grinning widely.

"Good night."

___