Figuring out his sexuality

~Chapter 28~

The weeks were rushing by and the last thing Louis expected was him and Granger being the only two who didn't hate Styles. People were taking it too far, especially his precious Slytherins who were all wearing badges saying Styles Stinks and at some point started to spread these buttons among the rest of the students and now the entire school appeared to be sporting one.

He was questioned on multiple occasions why he doesn't wear one and his reply was that it ruins his robe. Although the honest answer is because it's disgusting and he likes Harry way too much to actually hurt him at this point. At first he was teasing him a lot but somehow never stepped over any set boundaries and now that he knows the curly-haired lad incredibly well he doesn't want to do such thing either.

Their bickering was still absolutely private though, only insulting each other on occasion when meeting on the corridors for show both knowing well that they didn't mean it. It made sense but was annoying. Still Louis cannot just walk over to the Gryffindor table and have a chat with the taller lad, seeing as he could potentially be killed.

The time also rushed exceedingly towards the first challenge of the tournament and neither Harry nor Louis felt confident about it. The tiny lad promised to help and Granger was also doing her best to ensure that Harry is at least somewhat prepared. He wasn't sure how well that have went but the pair was in the middle of their search in the library on dragons right now. It was nice that Harry was told in advance what the challenge will be as well the only problem started with the tournament starting tomorrow.

"Literally nothing." Harry heatedly shut a book, almost throwing it across the room but Louis slipped it out of his hands before. "So what we're not going to do is trash this library. Let's actually think, what are you truly good at?"

Harry was blinking at him, large bags giving away how tired he truly was. He looked how the shorter lad felt. "You're brave so there won't be a problem with that, you have a pretty big array of charms and certainly you're decent from most things except potions but what is that one thing you're outstanding at?"

"Flying?" He could see that at this point the curly-haired lad was fighting to keep his eyes open, plainly giving up on the entire thing.

"That's it, you'll use that to get through it."

"Lou I cannot use my broom, I won't have it."

"True but you'll have your wand, now let's get back and go to sleep, you need some sort of rest."

Louis watched his form getting smaller and smaller after walking him to the dungeons. He wanted to sleep but he knew he won't be able to, instead he opened up his charms book and started to scribble down different spells that would be useful in some shape or form.

The next morning rolled around and Louis' heart twisted by the state that Harry was in throughout breakfast. He didn't even eat properly and Louis just wanted to hug him.

He has no idea where along the lines has the git managed to sneak into his heart and claim a place in it but he was definitely there and making him anxious. Harry Styles out of all people.

He folded up his note and made it fly to Harry, he raised his gaze the first time and tiredly looked him in the eye. He felt his friends chuckling probably thinking he sent some insults or whatever but simply kept his own eyes locked on the curly-haired lad, watching how he opened his list of spells.

Harry mouth a thank you even though a lot of Gryffindors were staring after which he stood and walked out of the Great Hall.

Louis simply finished his own breakfast even though he himself was struggling. He wasn't even sure why he feels this way. He just knew that he cannot handle Harry getting hurt at all. These feelings weren't well cared for by him as he continuously pushed them aside, promising to sort them out later. He just wasn't fully able to make an absolutely logical explanation as to why these emotions are there to being with and so strong.

The day flew by in the blink of an eye and Louis found himself on the bleachers, listening to the introduction of the task and the first champion, Diggory.

Louis couldn't handle any of this so he told that he'll just be gone for a second using the loo while running down the bleachers. He sneaked behind the tent what was set up for the champions and found a little slit down the side.

He slipped inside and saw Krum talking to Karkaroff, Delacour was minding her own business while Harry was pacing up and down in a little kitchen looking place. Only a selective few people were present none catching his attention.

He headed over to Harry right away. "Listen you'll be amazing, which one is your dragon?" Harry's head snapped towards him and he immediately enveloped Louis in a tight hug.

A bright flash went off followed by a sharp screech, the pair pulling apart right away. Louis blinked his eyes watching the annoying woman who he only heard of before. Rita Skeeter.

"Oh how lovely...such a confused teen, only 12 years old, already has so much on his plate with needing to put up with more talented champions in the tournament and figuring out his sexuality." Louis watched, jaw permanently dropped, as the pen was scribbling down whatever bollocks just came out of her mouth. Or maybe something completely different, he wasn't even sure.

"What?" Skeeter gave him a side glance but simply shrugged it off, continuing.

"and on top of everything his experimenting has led him straight to the arms of a Tomlinson."

"Excuse you..." Louis barely even started, feeling furious when Krum stepped between them. "This tent is for champions and family only, not you." Skeeter just giggled annoyingly and grabbed her pen.

"We were just about to leave." A sudden photo was taken of Harry and Louis again, making him technically blind as she exited the place.

"The Hungarian, I got the Hungarian one Lou." Louis figured that they can worry about Skeeter later, maybe just hope that such article will never be published and hugged the lanky lad again.

"You will absolutely kill this Harry, I've seen the task it's not that bad, you've faced worse than this. I would know."