Not so irrelevant

~Chapter 42~

Passing days turned into weeks then months. Louis was shocked by the fact that he was able to keep his pure wand a secret for all this time. But obviously that had to change, he knew that at some point it will he just wasn't sure when and he was getting comfortable without this being out in the open.

He woke up like always, took a shower and started to head towards the Great Hall. Right before entering he slipped behind the main tapestry and saw Harry already waiting for him.

They still had ten minutes so both sat down and started chatting like they always did. After classes are out they always go to the library and in the mornings they meet here, it wasn't the best but it was their only option.

"Finally Mr. Tomlinson care to come here?" Louis entered the Great Hall exactly three minutes and 28 seconds after the curly-haired lad did, just to make sure it's not suspicious. Instead of being invisible, Umbridge called out to him and that's when he took in the place.

Instead of the four tables laying parallel, having the students face their breakfast, all of them were turned towards the main table of their teachers which had two single chairs in front of it. One already occupied by Styles.

"For Merlin's beard what is it now? I have nothing to do with anything he has to do with!" Louis said it loud and clear but thinking back he wasn't sure if that was a grammatically correct sentence. That's how done he was with this shit.

"Take a seat right here will you? I'll decide whether you do or not." Louis groaned but did as told, watching how Snape nodded his head slightly. That didn't mean no attitude so he pretty much looked like a sulking toddler but he couldn't possibly bring himself to care.

"Why am I here? I've literally done nothing." Instead of Umbridge, the tiny lad aimed his question at Snape, not wanting to converse with the horrible woman.

"Professor Snape will you?" Louis watched how that mirror liquid appeared again, feeling his throat tightening. He wanted to ask Harry how to do that but forgot, that also wasn't part of his worries. He cannot let anyone see his memories.

"We simply need your memory from the third day of your detention, neither of you are in trouble...this time." Louis started to ponder right away if that is something that he shall do or not. What happened that night? Why was it relevant? Why is it relevant right now, so much later on? Wait that night was when...

"Sure thing, you can have it." Harry answered and the tiny lad was truly disappointed in the adults when they grinned in triumph. Have they never talked to the git before?

"If..." There you go, there was that if that always came. Louis smirked upon seeing Umbridge's face. "...you tell us why."

"This is not up to negotiation Styles, you either give it willingly or we'll take it."

"That is illegal, you're an employee of the ministry you must know that." Louis cut into the debate, making the curly-haired lad nod even though he was certain that he didn't know if Louis was right or not.

"What Cornelius doesn't know, can't hurt him."

"I'm sure Fudge will know if you decide to steal my memories, my father will make sure of that." Louis decided to just wing it, no one knows the truth anyways.

"Not if I make you forget not just this but even who your daddy is." For a second Louis thought about that choice. Would he really come out worse? They cannot possible tell what happened that night, why does it matter anyways?

"This is ridiculous, you know what whatever. Here. But remember when the time will come don't be surprised if our help will not be offered." Harry pulled the thought, not asking Louis about this at all while the woman started to laugh loudly.