Chapter 9: The Parents

9:00 AM SATURDAY
ELIAS

When I wake up, I get exited. I realize today is the day Tay meets my family. We're having dinner at my house. The hotel everyone's staying at is less than a mile from my house. Roman knows where I live tho. Tay's staying in the guest bedroom. I hope she likes my family. I already know my family will like her. I brush my teeth and then brush my hair. I make myself some breakfast and clean up the house. I live in a 3 story mansion. It's a big house so it takes a while to get everything cleaned up. Once I'm done with everything it's 10:23 am. AJ told me it takes about 4 hours to fly from ATL to Pheonix. He just texted me saying the flight took off at 10. So they'll be here around 2. That gives me plenty of time to get my life together. I get in the shower and wash my hair and body. When I'm done I trim up my beard a little bit. When I'm done with all that it's 11:00. I go to the bedroom she's staying in and make sure everything's perfect. She doesn't even get here for like another 3 hours but still. We're eating at 4:00. I know it's earlier but I want time to talk to Tay alone. About how I feel. About how she feels. I go to my room and pick out what to wear. I decide on wearing a dark blue collared shirt, my tight black pants and timberlands. I hope she doesn't show up like Carmella did. She showed up in a dress and high heels like we were about to go to prom or something. Morgan and dad told me that Mella wasn't right for me, but I didn't listen. Mom liked her. I hope they like Tay.

2:16 PM
TAYLOR

We arrive at the airport and me and AJ get a rental. Apparently AJ knows where Eli lives so he drops me off there. I knock on the door and Eli opens it... SHIRTLESS.
Me~ "What a nice view I have" He smiles and let's me in. "Oh my you have such a pretty house.
Eli~ "Thank you. You have such a pretty face"
Me~ "Thank you" God I love him. Wait no I don't. Do I? Here I go again.
Eli~ "So what are you going to wear?"
Me~ "Not a dress or a shirt"
Eli~ "Thank God"
Me~ "I'm going to where my Black Linkin Park shirt, Black pants and my Black Timbs. And a bun. Is that good"
Eli~ "Your going goth on me. I'm just kidding that's perfect"
Me~ "Are you sure?"
Eli~ "Yes"
Me~ "Ok" I go to him and hug him. We hug for like 5 minutes. I love having my arms wrapped around him, and having his arms wrapped around me.

4:12 PM
ELIAS

There's a knock on the door. I open it and it's my fam.
Me~ "Hey guys" I hug them.
Dad~ "Hello Jeff"
Mom~ "Hey baby"
Morgan~ "Move Jeff we're not here for YOU. We're here for you little lover girl. Where is she anyways I wanna meet her"
Eli~ "She's not my lover girl Morgan. And she's in the bathroom" Right as I say that she walks down the stairs. I smile at her. She's just so cute.
Tay~ "Oh hello Mr. and Mrs. Sciullo. Hey Morgan."
Dad~ "Just call me Roddy, sweety. I've heard alot of good things about you" She smiles at him
Mom~ "And just call me Sarah"
Morgan~ "Hello future sister-in-law" She laughs, but I just shoot her a look. We all just talk and goof around. At about 4:30 pm me and Tay lay out the food for everyone. We all sit at the table.
Dad~ "So Taylor, how long have you known Jeff"
Tay~ "Well I've known of him for a while but we never really talked until a couple of weeks ago."
Dad~ "Oh ok"
Mom~ "What makes you think your good enough for Jeff"
Tay~ "Uummm"
Me~ "Mom!"
Mom~ "What?!?"
Morgan~ "So Taylor what's your favorite color"
Tay~ "Blue"
Dad~ "I've seen you wrestle, your really good"
Tay~ "Thank you"
Morgan~ "You got any siblings"
Tay~ "Yea three. Nick who is 25. He's the starting Quarterback for the Falcons. Evan who is 22 and the back up running back for the Falcons and Lainey who is 20. She's in College for nursing."
Morgan~ "Oh nice. So where are you from"
Tay~ "Macon Georgia"
Dad~ "Oh nice" She just smiles and nods her head.
Morgan~ "So what do you like about my little brother"
Tay~ "Everything. He's funny, he's nice, he makes me feel safe, he's cute, he's tall, he's got long hair, he's got facial hair, he's got abs, and he gives the best hugs"
Morgan~ "That's alot of real reasons to like someone. I like you Taylor. Do you have a nickname we can call you"
Dad~ "I like you too. Your good for Jeff"
Tay~ "Most people call me Tata, or Tayduh"
Dad~ "Guess that's what we're calling You. Ok so I like you. Your amazing"
Morgan~ "I like you too Tayduh"
Mom~ "I don't like her" me, dad, and Morgan give her a wierd look. Tay just sits there, half smiles and nods her head.
Dad~ "Why don't you like her. What's not to like about her"
Mom~ "I like that Carmella girl"
Morgan~ "The girl that broke Jeff's heart?"
Mom~ "Yea. Jeff you need to be with someone who cares about what they look like. And doesn't dress like there from a 90's rock band. Carmella is your type"
Me~ "God D*mitt mom. I already told you, I don't like Carmella. She's not even my type. Tay is my type." Tay just gets up and walks out the door. She's standing on the porch on the phone.
Me~ "Look what you did mom. She's perfect. Why don't you like her. Thank you Dad, and Morgan for liking this girl and NOT driving her away." I slam my fork on the table and walk outside. I hear everyone arguing inside. I look at her. She doesn't seem to upset.
Tay~ "AJ is coming to pick me up. I'm staying with him Tonight"
Me~ "Uuhh ok" I give her a hug but she doesn't hug back. This actually hurts. Alot. I just walk back inside and slam the door behind me.
Me~ "Well guys guess what" I throw my hands up. "She's not staying with me tonight. Tonight's the night I was going to tell her how I feel, express my emotions. But NOPE. She's staying with her friend AJ. She couldn't even look me in the eye. She didn't even hug back"
Mom~ "Of course she's staying with another guy. Little slu-"
Me~ "MOM. AJ is like a brother to her. She's known him since grade school. She's NOT a slut." I see headlights. I see her shadow walk down my porch and get into the car. Why do I feel like this is a breakup.
Me~ "Can you guys please leave. Dad, Morgan it's not you guys. It's just I need to think about this. I need to be alone." They all nod. Dad comes up to me and hugs me.
Dad~ "You've done good. She's a keeper"
Me~ "Thank you" Morgan comes up to me.
Morgan~ "If you don't marry her... I will" I laugh. When they pull out the drive way I scream at the top of my lungs "F*CK" I'm hurt. I mean she couldn't look me in my eyes. She couldn't hug me back. I'm so pissed. I rip my shirt off and run upstairs. I'm acting like a child but I don't care.

11:00 PM
ELIAS

I'm still sad. I'm just laying in my bed listening to music. I can't get her off my mind. She's killing me. I feel like I'm going insane. I want to cry. I want to punch someone. I want to text her. I want to show up at AJ's room pick her up and bring her here. I do none of the things I want to do. I sit here in the dark alone.