Tristen

My life was ran by the code. A silent code that had been passed down from generation to generation.

This life isn't what I asked for and wasn't what I wanted but it was who I am, who my father was, who his father was, and who my son will be.

If I ever have a son he'll understand the most important thing in your life is family, loyalty and the code of L5.

The L5 was my family, my protection, my brothers and sisters spread all around, young and old. Newbies and veterans. The loyalty in this gang runs deep, even the OG's who ain't active anymore never speak on things that they have seen, did or heard when they were active. That's just how it goes your L5 til you die.

You only date L5, girls and you if you do date outside an L5 girl you gotta roll two dice and if that bitch can fight that many bitches then she's worthy of our loyalty and companionship.

That's just the rule weather I like them or not. So I'd rather just fuck bitches and get money. It wasn't much in this life money wise, unless you a boss or an Head niggas in charge. King pin gets 85%, the supplier get they cut then the delivery boys get their share of whatever lefts, which usually is two stacks maybe three at the end of the week. Not enough to survive.

There levels too this delivery shit though. There's five levels of the delivers. I'm a level five, so I train the newbies, watch over the delivers, sell to our more prestige customers, talk at meetings, all that good shit. So my cut a little bit more full then the rest. I get at least ten stacks every week. Enough to help out my mama when she need it.

Mama has four boys including me, I'm seventeen, Aiden is fifteen, Malcolm is thirteen and Drew is eight. My mom, Dana, is a single mom working as an RN to make ends. She need the help when she can get it. She knows I'm in L5. She used to say when we were younger L5 will protect us because of the fact my dad was an OG. He got locked up right before my youngest brother was born. He'll be in there until Drew has kids too.

He was accused of capping the leader of BK9, but he said he was set up, he had no reason to cap him. They were our rival gang but they kept it distant with us, we didn't step on they toes they didn't step on ours. We had our clients they had theirs, so why my dad would cap their leader and deny it, it made no sense. My dad has killed before and I'm sure he's killed while he was in jail, but as a king pin in the L5 he automatically has status no matter where he goes in Atlanta.

I got up took a quick shower and grabbed some clothes to throw on. All my shirts had the L5 logo on it, which consists of an upper case L and a five that connects to the bottom line of the L. We didn't rock bandanas or flash gang signs around school so this is how we identify each other.

I walked out into the dinning room/kitchen/living room where my mom was packing her lunch and my brothers were eating at the table.

"Mom what time will you be home tonight?" Malcolm asked my mom.

"Probably not until you wake up tomorrow for school baby why?" My mama answered

"I needed some help on my homework" Malcolm answered.

"I'll help you little man." Aiden said rubbing the top of Malcolm's head.

"Thank you baby." My mom said and kissed Aiden on the head.

"Only cause I know I'm the favorite." Aiden said and pointed at his own chest

"My favorite is the one I'm specifically talking too at that moment."  Mama said and grabbed up her mug and lunch.