Chapter 6

Next one.

We will get to know some things abot the boys and have a few little moments, but please don't hate me at the end.

By the way, I want so say thank you to every single person that started reading this story. This really means a lot to me. I would really appreciate to hear your opinion in the comments.

Enjoy the song and the chapter :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Slightly nervous, the boys entered the room after Mrs. Flack had informed them. There were three men in the room, one a little older and two middle-aged. With their black suits and ties, the atmosphere felt almost like a funeral. The elder came up to them.

"So, you are Mrs. Flack's greatest success?" the man asked sceptically. Intimidated, the guys swallowed and nodded. They probably looked like shit after physical education. The man looked at them and told them to go on stage.

"These are the guys you talked about?". Enthusiasm sounded different.

"Believe me, they are fantastic. They don't like each other privately, but on stage they do magic" she assured the man.

"I'm curious" he merely said.

"Who does he really think he is?" Harry muttered in a whisper.

"Oh, does that sound familiar to you?" Louis asked teasingly.

"Stop now, you two. Put the focus on the song" Liam interrupted.

Reluctantly, they formed a circle and put their hands together in the middle. Then Liam turned to the gentlemen.

"Hello, my name is Liam Payne. These are Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles. Our song is called Best Song Ever. I hope you like it" he introduced them and Zayn turned to the music.

Niall was very impressed. Something like that Liam was really good at. They took a deep breath, closed their eyes and then the song started.

Harry started the song and sounded flawless. At least you could rely on that. Then Zayn took over the bridge. For the first time, he sounded pretty perfect. The chorus they all sang together and hopped across the stage.

Then they came to Liam's part, for someone so serious he could quite get lost in the music, followed by Harry and then Niall sang the bridge. It was an unusual feeling to sing alone in front of strangers. Actually, he wasn't even aware that he would be able to sing. Unbelievable that they persuaded him to do so.

After the second refrain, Louis sang his part and sounded like an angel. Then Zayn sang again while they harmonized with him. And, wow, Harry's "rocker scream" before the next chorus .... shit, this guy was born for the stage.

Shortly before Zayn's High Note, Liam took his hand to assure him that everything would be fine. And fuck, fine wasn't an expression. Zayn sounded breathtaking. Sure he had never sung before?

He leaned against Liam and sang to him while he finished the song. Then they looked intently at the three men. At first it was quiet but then they started to clap. Relief spread in the room. Why were they so nervous at all? The appointment had nothing to do with them.

Mrs. Flack looked incredibly proud. Now they left the stage again and she came towards them.

"Guys, that was awesome, the song was awesome. Did you write that all together?" asked how excited.

"Me and Harry wrote on it" Louis replied. Niall could see a slight smile on Harry's face from the corner of his eye.

"It was really great. You impressed them very much" she congratulated.