Chapter 16

Sorry that it took me so long. I had unplaned things in the way of writing and had no time at all. But here is the new chapter now :)

S

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light sunbeams fell through the slit of curtains on his face and made him nose up like a rabbit. Slowly he opened his eyes and caught his surroundings. He wasn't in his room and wasn't lying in his bed. That wouldn't be the first time he woke up like this in the morning, but this time he couldn't remember a hook up.

Carefully, he turned in bed and saw a sleeping Louis beside him. That reminded Harry again. The beating up, the training, the pizza, the movie. They must have fallen asleep during the movie. Harry decided not to wake Louis up yet. Next to the pillow, Harry found his cell phone and saw that he had a message. From his father. His friends' parents would probably have asked where he was, since he hadn't come home in the evening, but his father just wanted to make sure he brought the forgotten files over and brought them to dinner this evening. No questions, just commands. How could Harry endure that for so long and be called good and be carried away without realizing how wrong it was. His father treated him like an employee sometimes and not like his son. He just wanted a cheap copy of himself to secure a deal, but Harry didn't want that any more. He didn't want to be his father's Mini Me. He wanted to become an independent person with his own goals and ideas. With a better way to live life. Harry decided not to answer his father and just ignore the orders. That will not please his father, but he didn't care. He wanted to live his own life as he wanted.

Wow, those thoughts made him stunned. He would never have expected such a thing, but now it was impossible not to imagine. Since Liam, Niall, Zayn and Louis had played an important role in his life without Harry noticing. Now it wasn't possible without the boys. They had become incredibly important to him and he realized that now. He didn't want to spend a day without having them as friends. The others around him were right the whole time. These guys were really special. Every single one of them. They saw the world with better eyes and tried to approach and help people without prejudice or judgment, whether they liked the person or not. Selfless and helpful. Unbiased.

A warm, comfortable feeling spread through Harry's mind. When he lay there and thought about it, he realized what it was. He was happy. For the first time really happy. Don't get him wrong. Before, he was satisfied with his life and thought he wouldn't miss anything. But he was wrong. There was more than just satisfaction. Being happy was the goal and you couldn't buy or force that. Luck came to you when you didn't expect it at all. And you were happy if you allowed it to happen. If you look below the surface or behind the walls. Yes, Harry was happy, thanks to his new unstable friendship. He was aware of that. Friendship was something very fragile. He understood that now. But it was also the most precious thing in the world. He would protect it from that day on. God, Harry was sentimental today.

Shaking his thoughts aside, he turned to the side facing Louis, who was still asleep. Harry studied his features as he slept, so peaceful and carefree. Louis had a really sweet nose and protruding cheekbones, very intriguing. His skin looked so soft in the morning light. His feathery hair was ruffled by the night but still looked beautiful. Carefully, Harry brushed a few strands of hair from his face, lightly brushing against Louis' forehead, which gave him goose bumps. Harry's gaze went from his closed eyes down to Louis' lips. They were so thin and pink and looked so soft. For a moment Harry's head played off memories of the full moon. He had actually kissed those lips against his will and instead of thinking about how Louis felt because of it, he had only worried about his reputation and tried to threaten Louis so he wouldn't say anything.

Now that he was lying there looking at Louis or staring at him without consciously noticing it, he wondered how Louis dealt with it or was still dealing with the full moon night. He had already noticed that there was something that nobody wanted to tell him and it was related to Louis. With Louis and fears of contact or something like that. Harry couldn't imagine what it was.