Chapter 25

The song is alway killing me and I thought about it when I first thought of one of the scenes in this chapter. The pain is real.

We will reach the Top and the Rock Bottom today, so brace yourself....I was emotionally done after I wrote this. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was it. Today was the first exam. Drama. They rehearsed the play or the scene. Countless times. Louis had taken over the role of the director this time because he had the least text. He was afraid what their teacher thought of their variant of the scene. Harry and Louis stood on one side, Eleanor on the other. The two pretended to talk and Eleanor opened the imaginary door. So it started.

"What's going on here?" Eleanor asked indignantly.

Louis and Harry both jumped and turned to face her. Panic on their faces. "I can explain everything, darling" Harry said defensively.

"Oh, I'm looking forward to the explanation" she snorted.

"I umm .." stammered Harry, holding back Louis, who just looked at him in disbelief.

"You um? Let me guess, it looks different than it is? You did not cheat on me with him? You did not completely fool and lie to me?" she became louder.

"It's not like that. Well, I cheated on you, but I never wanted that to happen. It just happened. The last thing I wanted was to hurt you. You're too important to me. Look at me, you know me. I'm not a bad guy just cheating on you for no reason" Harry tried to explain himself.

"I thought I knew you, but the last time I checked you were straight and you liked women and now I get to know that you have him. How can that be Harry?" Eleanor was close to tears. Wow, she was good.

"I don't know. From the moment I looked into his eyes, everything changed. I never wanted to hurt you, but I can't change my feelings" Harry answered honestly. 

"I understand. Then that's it, I guess. I hope he's worth it" El said defeated.

"He is, it's ...".

"You cheated on her? With me? How could you do that?" Louis spoke up.

"Let me explain" begged Harry.

"He didn't know that? Harry, I can't believe it" Eleanor was surprised.

"Oh, I didn't know anything. Monsieur here said he had broken up and everything would be fine between you two" Louis replied sarcastically.

"That doesn't surprise me now. He has probably become a liar" she shook her head.

"Lou, please listen to me. I can explain that" Harry implored him.

"What are you trying to explain? You're a cheater, Haz" Louis didn't want to listen to him.

"No, I am not ... Yes, it happened once, but there I already wanted to end it. It was the best day in my life, because I only had you. I know you would never have let that happen if you had known but I couldn't stop it in that moment. Forgive me" Harry explained desperately.

"You could've just told me. You never wanted to lie to me Haz. How do I know this is not just a game for you?" Louis lowered his head. The last sentence was planned differently.

"It's not. It never was. Lou look at me" Harry lifted his chin. Carefully they looked each other in the eye.

"It's not a game. Not for me. I would never do that to you after everything you've been through. You're so important to me. More important than anyone else, more important than my own life. You make me a better person by just being there. I want to be better for you. I wanted to talk to her today if everything went according to plan, but it never does. Believe me, that's the truth. You know when I'm lying" Harry looked deep into his eyes. Louis had to swallow hard. It was so hard for him to just feel that as a role and not take it seriously.